Winnipeg School Division (WSD) nurtures a welcoming and inclusive culture of people committed to working together to inspire students to reach goals and achieve academic success. WSD is the largest school division in the Province of Manitoba with over 33,000 students and 5,000 employees. To ensure WSD’s continued success as a leader in education and innovation, we’re committed to finding and developing the right people to join our team.
Winnipeg School Division is seeking applications from compassionate individuals who are eager to assist children, of all ages, in attaining their developmental and educational goals. This vital role within our schools will engage with the students and staff, display initiative in the classroom or outside of the classroom to ensure the responsibilities of their assignment are being met, and be an advocate for the overall well-being of the student, staff and the school itself.
This is casual employment for the 2020-2021 school year, at various locations throughout the Winnipeg School Division to meet our staffing needs. As a benefit to becoming a Substitute Educational Assistant, you will have the opportunity to apply to our internal job postings which may lead you to securing part-time, full-time or term employment.
Substitute Educational Assistants are responsible for providing assistance of a support nature both in and out of the classroom and in Special Education programs designed for students with physical, cognitive and/or emotional challenges.
- Completion of secondary education (High School)
- Completion of an Educational Assistant Certificate/Diploma Program or education in a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children of all ages. Preference will be given to those who have experience working with children who have physical, cognitive and/or behavioral challenges
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Special Education programs
- Knowledge of and/or training in behavioral management techniques
- Valid First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates are required
Employment is subject to a clear Child Abuse Registry check and Police Information Check.
Winnipeg School Division has an Employment Equity policy which strives toward a fair representation of women, Indigenous peoples, persons living with a disability and minorities at all levels within the organization. Winnipeg School Division will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants disabled by barriers during the interview and assessment process, upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- working with Special Needs: 2 years (required)
- First Aid and CPR Certification (required)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification (NVCI) (required)