This position is accountable for overseeing the customer service department in relation to sales and service inquires while maintaining a positive relationship.
- Respond to all inquiries and communications about sales and service, by phone, email, or letter.
- Maintain communication with customers at regular intervals throughout the new home purchasing process from the point of sale to the completion of warranty coverage.
- Attend pre-delivery inspection walk through with customers to orientate them to their new homes, explain mechanical features of their new home and identify any deficiencies.
- Investigate customers’ problems that cannot be resolved by the customer service representative and find solutions
- Ensure completion of work orders received from customers directly or from Tarion Warranty program.
- Identify ongoing service issues and liaise with Construction Manager to reduce future occurrences
- Work with senior management on customer service initiatives.
- Keep abreast of CaraCo construction/repair policies as well as Tarion warranty requirements.
- Visit CaraCo sites daily and ensure timely delivery of documentation between the office and construction sites.
- Perform any other duties as directed by management.
- Work with and schedule all CaraCo subtrades, as required.
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of building mechanical and structural systems, associated trade practices and a knowledge of current materials.
- Knowledge of Tarion performance guideline requirements.
- Proven ability to be client service oriented.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Current knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, and the ability to interpret trade codes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be business minded and organized to create and manage schedules, trades and maintenance staff.
- Manage administrative duties such as, filing records, cash settlement deals and quoting additional services as required.
- Recruit, select and evaluate customer service provider staff.
- Motivate and guide staff through feedback, direction and support.
- Encourage teamwork and maintain a positive environment.
- Work with Human Resources to train and retain employees.
- Ensure employees comply with company policies.
- Track employee hours, vacation and sick days.
- Resolve disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Client focus
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
Education and Experience
- Minimum three years’ related experience in a similar role.
- Minimum two years’ related experience in construction/carpentry role.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes and repair methods
- Travel between locations.
- Some exposure to environmental conditions and exposure to seasonal weather, dirt, noise, heat, cold, and mechanical hazards.
- Working at elevated heights.
- Prolonged periods lifting, carrying, pulling, and pushing items; stretching, reaching above head, bending, twisting, gripping, and holding items.
- Operating mechanical devices and working with a variety of tools and equipment.
- Handling job related chemicals, solutions, and products.
- Some on call duties/responsibilities and overtime may be required.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)