We are looking for an experienced financial controller, or comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Candidates must have experience with Canadian/Provincial taxes, and must be living in Canada currently to be considered for this position.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills (i.e Fully Accountable)
This is a Full Time , on location position located in Cobourg Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Cobourg, ON (Required)
- Drivers License G (Required)
- English (Required)