The Quality Supervisor is responsible for leading the Quality Department. This person will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operations quality-related field with extensive knowledge of API, CWB and ISO standards and practical experience in manufacturing and/or fabrication is preferred.
- Manage all aspects of QMS including API, ISO, and CWB Certifications.
- Act as Company representative for all quality audits, both internal and external.
- Actively participate in weekly production meetings.
- Manage and update production and supplier NCR’s.
- Oversee in-process inspections for fabrication, machining, assembly and painting processes.
- Responsible for the control of inspection, measuring and testing equipment (IMTE) and maintenance of calibration records.
- Review and revise as necessary all final assembly procedures to ensure compliance with Foremost and API standards and industry best-practices.
- Interface with and support Engineering as required.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure Foremost and API standards are met on all third party work.
- Supervise records of non-conformances (NCR’s), corrective action reports (CAR_PAR), supplier corrective action reports (SCAR) and ensures the resolution and documentation of each.
- Assess production quality processes on an ongoing basis and recommend improvements.
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement program including assisting operations management team with root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action implementation.
- Responsible for sign off and final delivery of Capital Equipment to Customer in conjunction with Customer Service reps.
- Execute special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Experience in mechanical inspection, supplier qualification and familiarity with reading and interpreting engineered drawings a definite asset.
- Proficient at problem solving and critical decision making.
- Ability to lead and promote teamwork among QA/QC partners.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining a quality management system.
- Any related quality field certification such as internal auditing, non-destructive testing, or quality reengineering is a plus.
- Results oriented, strong attention to detail and the ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- A relocation allowance from within Canada may be offered to the successful candidate.
- This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta.
Foremost is a large and diverse industrial manufacturer. We specialize in equipment for oil & gas, mining, construction, water well markets; we are excited about the launch of our new agricultural line of grain bins, build fuel storage tanks and vessels and have grown to be one of the largest vacuum truck manufacturers in Canada. With multiple locations in Alberta, a solid reputation dating back to 1940, over 500 employees and a unique depth of expertise Foremost is a company with great people, great products and a great future. We have adapted, invented, and evolved all of our products with a view to make them more useful and profitable for our customers. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to:
Human Resources, Recruiter – Please reference Indeed application for email details
When applying please quote: Quality Supervisor
Deadline for submissions is: September 30, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Related: 5 years (Preferred)