Position: Retail Manager
Reports to: Sports Shop Manager & General Manager
Directly responsible for all Boutique and retail activities, ensuring the functions of the department are being maintained and the highest level of service is being provided for our clientele. This position is of extreme importance; therefore, it is very important to represent the company’s corporate image in an exemplary manner demonstrating superior leadership and management in this complex and challenging environment.
The Retail Manager will develop ongoing, profitable relationships with guests and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role. It is very important to represent the company’s corporate image in an exemplary manner, demonstrating superior customer service. As a Mike Wiegele Helicopter
Skiing Representative, his/her role will exemplify our brand image as an ambassador and will provide positive brand experiences to all customers and staff.
The company operates in the hospitality industry catering to an elite customer base. This is a highly competitive business in which consumer tastes change dramatically. Workflow predominantly seasonal and requires a flexible and adaptive schedule. Our company is built on customer loyalty due to high levels of service and a superior image. We use a team sales approach with a very strong sales focus. To maintain this image, we must constantly strive to improve our service and product to ensure we maintain a competitive edge.
Function & Tasks:
1. An important part of your role will be using your extensive knowledge and experience in mentoring and coaching other retail staff, with the goal of retention and succession. You will be asked to evaluate the quality and potential of the staff and suggest possible areas for improvement and propose additional training or education. MWHS will rely on your evaluation to assist with planning retention and succession in the retail department.
2. Responsible for training and motivating Sport Shop and Boutique staff to increase sales through techniques such as upselling, exceptional product knowledge, properly assessing customer needs, etc.
3. Responsible for some administrative functions such as, selecting competitive distributors, placing of supply orders, receiving shipments, checking invoices against orders placed, approve invoices and submit to administration for payment, preparing seasonal budgets, scheduling of staff hours and submitting staff work, keeping office in order, maintain records as requested by Resort Management, and cost control. It is the expectation that some of these duties will be delegated when required and appropriate.
4. Delegate the supervision and running of the Boutique to the boutique clerk during time off periods.
5. Manage the retail inventory and restocking across 3 store fronts and order the retail stock for the next season.
6. Implement retail operation policies and procedures, so as to ensure that all services to guests meet with the highest standards of the hospitality industry and to generally work to ensure efficient effective and cost-effective operation.
7. Maintain cleanliness in the Sports Shop and Boutique retail area including, walls, floor, staff areas, washroom, storage areas, loading dock, and proper storage and disposal of all garbage and recycling.
8. Maintain and update retail software, hardware, and display fixtures, and order when necessary, check functioning and carry out maintenance as required.
9. Ensure safety measures in retail stores, inside and out, including fire prevention and protection and keep the floor accident proof.
10. To be conscientious of good staff relations. It is a crucial aspect of this role to maintain great staff morale by welcoming feedback and sharing your experience and knowledge. Any concerns about staff morale should be brough to the attention of MWHS Human Resources department and/or Resort Management, with suggestions and proposals on possible solutions and support that the Company can provide.
11. Prepare seasonal maintenance list, and seasonal budget list.
12. Ensure accurate and detailed tracking of daily and yearly sales via point of sales system.
13. Daily restocking of inventory across all store fronts.
14. Maintain inventory and reorder supplies before they run out.
15. Must have basic understanding of Sports Shop procedures to be able to assist when needed.
16. In charge of retail area cleanliness: vacuum every night, sweep the shop floor and make sure that the retail area is always a very clean and orderly place.
17. Kubota use: ensure the Kubota is taken care of and driven safely.
18. Snow and ice buildup should be cleaned daily.
19. Will also be responsible for training Boutique, Sports Shop, and Albreda staff on point of sales system and procedures, and provide and organize product knowledge sessions for retail all staff.
20. May be called upon to perform other duties comparable to the above, as the aforementioned describes only the primary duties of the job.
21. Responsible for hiring and managing staff.
1. Minimum 5 years of related experience with superior track record in supervision.
2. Superior leadership and supervision abilities.
3. Excellent understanding of the winter sports retail industry.
4. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated.
5. Experience and/or education in customer service.
6. Computing experience including use of excel and retail software.
7. Knowledge of outdoor recreational clothing.
8. Attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement.
9. Solid understanding of sales.
10. Must be responsible, prompt, and able to work independently.
11. Attributes include energetic personality, people skills, and good grooming standards.
12. Must be able to frequently bend and kneel, lift moderate weight, and work on feet for an extended period of time.
13. Valid driver’s license required.
14. Must be able to work as part of a team.
15. Second language preferred (German).
1. Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
2. Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
3. Hazards associated with the job.
4. Work both indoors and outdoors.
5. Ability to attend and conduct meetings.
6. Manual dexterity required.
7. Long hours of work putting in additional hours as required by business needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 7 months
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blue River, BC V0E 1C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- related: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-15