Seasonal Full-Time Data Entry
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
At our Richmond Receiving Station, we receive cranberries annually, which are delivered by our local cranberry farmers across BC. You will be a part of the process of ensuring the quality of this year’s harvest of cranberries, as well as ensuring their safe arrival to storage freezers across the border. Products are not made at our location, though our station is a crucial step in the whole process of creating quality cranberry products!
Ocean Spray Richmond BC Receiving Station is currently seeking several enthusiastic and motivated individuals to immediately fill the Seasonal Full Time Data Entry positions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering order of vehicle/truck and documenting input of the scale (weight) – inbound & outbound.
- Taking probe samples from each truck.
- Operating probe machine and scale control.
- Ensuring drivers receive their receipt (inbound & outbound).
- Advises the Supervisor or Lead Worker of any operational problems, equipment failure, or safety and quality issues.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Audit the input versus documentation and make corrections as required.
- Prepare shipping documentation with all cranberry shipments.
- Verification and quality control of outbound materials, ensure that all paperwork is correct.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files.
- Assist with tracing outbound shipments as needed.
- Assist with investigating shipping discrepancies and errors when necessary.
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate files and conduct a daily review of all shipping paperwork.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all shipping documents.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Attends work on a timely and consistent basis for scheduled Harvest hours, as well as having the ability to work overtime as required
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Previous data entry experience is an asset.
- Capable of processing high volume of data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment, follow instructions.
- Flexible to learn multiple tasks and duties.
- Prior experience in a food processing facility an asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Use of Biometrics for time reporting/clocking in and out is required.
- Free Parking is available
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
What we offer:
- Salary: $20.80-$20.22.36 per hour
- During Cranberry Harvest season (Sept-Nov), overtime is required based on operation needs and paid at 1.5 times the hourly wage after 8 hours
- Attendance Bonus paid at the end of harvest season – this is only applicable if an employee stays for the entire duration of the harvest season
- Fun, flexible, and energetic team
Free parking & free shuttle service from Richmond Fire hall #5 Hamilton (22451 Westminster Hwy Richmond)
The main buses to the nearby bus stops around the firehall are 301, 410, and 418.
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Contract length: 2-3 months
Salary: $20.80-$22.36 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
- Office Administration: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person