Are you looking to join an industry leader and pioneer in the world of industrial robotics?
Novarc Technologies is an award-winning technology company based in North Vancouver, B.C. Since opening its doors Novarc has taken home the Innovation award at the Vancouver Chamber of Excellence Awards and most recently, first place in the Excellence Technology Innovation Awards (TIA).
Novarc Technologies builds advanced collaborative welding robots for pipe welding applications. Novarc uses sensor-based controls and computer vision with cutting edge software and hardware to improve the quality and efficiency of pipe welding. Our main product, the Spool Welding Robot (SWR) is a state-of-art collaborative robot that is currently being shipped internationally. Come join our team!
We’re seeking a supply chain professional that is self-motivated, passionate, positive and excited to work in an extremely fast-paced environment. You are organized, attentive to detail, a team player, patient, process-oriented and fantastic at maintaining and creating strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues.
This position will allow you to work both independently and in a team environment where you can strive to be your best self through creative problem solving, being a self-starter/self-motivator, and provide suggestions to process improvements where applicable. This is an opportunity for you to gain great experience with a small start-up company specializing in high-tech industrial robotics equipment. You will work closely with the Supply Chain Director and assist various departments with materials required for regular production and research and development (R&D).
The successful candidate must be able to attend an interview in person and will work out of our North Vancouver, BC office; Monday to Friday.
- Understanding of and purchasing materials against a bill of materials (BOM’s) as per production schedule
- Purchasing equipment and materials for R&D and production including shop supplies and consumables
- Requesting and reviewing quotations from suppliers
- Requesting and reviewing purchase orders
- Seeing all purchase orders through from sending orders to suppliers and receiving order acknowledgements to receiving material and storing inventory into correct locations
- Maintain purchase records and documentation
- Update Purchase Tracker from purchasing through receiving of materials
- Shipping, monitoring, receiving and inspecting incoming and outgoing materials
- Contact suppliers/couriers and resolve problems such as but not limited to: incorrect/damaged shipments, delayed shipments, backorders, initiate RMA’s (return merchandise authorization) and NCR’s (Non-Conformance Reports) or replacement requests, and follow up with suppliers in a timely manner
- Prepare documentation for final product shipments, liaise with couriers to arrange pick and ensure timely deliveries
- Liaise with the financial department to ensure invoices are filed accurately
- Communicate delayed payments to accounts payable in a timely fashion
- Manage inventory tracker: maintain inventory records and accuracy of parts locations
- Occasionally pick parts from inventory against the BOM for production and shipments to customers
- Assist with inventory organization (KANBAN) of parts and bin locations
- Perform periodic inventory counts, audits and reconciliation of parts
- Assist with additional duties as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills via face-to-face, e-mails, and phone conversations
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions; written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Organized, conscientious, reliable, team-player and attentive to detail
- Works well under pressure and understands time sensitivity
- Self-motivated and takes ownership of the role and responsibilities
- Operating knowledge of Spreadsheets such as MS excel and/or GSheets
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management or related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in material handling or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Post-secondary education in engineering, supply chain or related field
- Operating knowledge of Google Drive products: GSheets and GDocs
- Knowledge of Supply Chain or procurement
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and the concept of continuous improvement
- Prior experience with ERP systems
Contract length: 3 - 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
* Regarding COVID-19 Safety - Novarc Technologies is following strict guidelines as recommended by the BC CDC, The BC Ministry of Health, and WorkSafeBC to ensure the safety and well-being of our team, clients and visitors.*
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Supply Chain: 2 years (Preferred)