Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally.
*Pastoral Care Associate*
(Regular Part-Time & Casual Positions)
We are seeking a Pastoral Care Associates/Chaplains to provide spiritual/religious/emotional support and pastoral counseling on the basis of need to patients, family, volunteers and staff.
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates commitment to person centred care.
- Has the ability to work as a team member in a multi-faith, multi-cultural setting.
- Possess proficient computer skills preferably in Microsoft Word, Meditech and Emerald.
- Possess interpersonal, communication and listening skills sufficient to act as a resource to and facilitate strong working relationships with patients, families, interprofessional team members, and community partners.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in Theology or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 4 completed units of Clinical Pastoral Education required.
- A minimum of two years recent pastoral care experience in a hospital setting. Preferably in a complex care and rehabilitation setting.
- A letter of endorsement from a recognized faith group required.
- Membership in CASC is required.
*Please note that shifts may range Monday-Saturday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
There are no overnights or on-call shifts. On occasion there may be some Sundays and statutory holidays scheduled by the Director Mission and Pastoral Services.*
We invite you to join our friendly work environment and take advantage of a unique opportunity to develop in an innovative role and in a culture that fosters holistic and compassionate care. Please submit your resume.
Mail: Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Email: recruit @ hoteldieushaver.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We appreciate all applications received and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual