Price’s Alarms is BC’s success story. As Canada’s oldest security company (over 123 years), Price’s is a name you can trust. Today, Price’s Alarms is the largest independent alarm company in Western Canada, providing around the clock ULC monitoring protection to over 40,000 homes and businesses. With local offices serving communities throughout Vancouver Island, the Okanagan, the Lower Mainland and Edmonton, we are always looking for great people.
We continue to grow and are looking to add another Alarm Technician to our Victoria team. We’d love to find an experienced tech who has his TQ and an FSR but we’ll also consider training an apprentice tech on the job to become a full alarm tech.
Security Alarm Technicians:
- Meet our customers at their homes or business for security installations
- installs, maintains and repairs security systems such as burglar alarms, cameras, intercom and access control systems
- inspects and test electronic equipment, components and assemblies using various electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment, assemblies and equipment following equipment manuals and schematics, and using soldering tools and other hand and power tools
- completes work orders, test and maintenance reports
Alarm Technicians are required to:
- obtain and maintain a valid Security Worker’s Licence (requires a clean criminal record)
- obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s Licence and a clean driving record
- work on ladders, in confined spaces such as attics and crawl spaces and lift up to 50lbs of equipment
- previous experience in alarms, access or cameras is an asset but not required
- FSR and Trade Qualification would also be considered an asset
The ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career and is ready to apply their positive attitude and outstanding customer service approach as a technician with Price’s Alarms. Electronics or networking experience as well as the basics of your own tools would be beneficial for the appropriate candidate.
Wages depend on experience and would vary between $16.00 for an apprentice candidate to upwards of $30+ for a well-seasoned Security Alarm Technician. Eligibility to enroll in Group Benefits and our RRSP matching program are also available as well as other perks. This is a full-time permanent position based in Victoria which will require Mon-Fri daytime availability.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF or WORD format only.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Victoria, BC (Preferred)