The Organization and the Opportunities
The WRSS Division is a local innovation in health care and part of a province-wide initiative designed to support family physician leadership, make connections, and inspire health care change in our local community. The Division is a non-profit society led by a local Board of Directors. We are an organization that values diverse perspectives, strives for excellence, and believes in transparency and accountability.
We work in partnership with the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC), Doctors of BC, Fraser Health Authority, the BC Ministry of Health, and various community service groups. Our organization operates from a contemporary, progressive standpoint, and we work both in-person and remotely. Some of our work requires us to facilitate early morning and evening meetings.
We have many initiatives at the Division that support our strategic goals and objectives. We seek dynamic, experienced Coordinators to support managers and Division leadership with large scale transformative, system change programs, as well as targeted projects and initiatives, focused on solving local health care problems.
We are implementing a Primary Care Network (PCN) in our community in partnership with Fraser Health and other community organizations. This program is guided by a BC Ministry of Health approved service plan, which includes expanded team-based care, addition of new health care providers and services to support patients and local physicians.
We support initiatives designed to strengthen the Patients Medical Home (PMH), which is a family practice that operates at an ideal level, providing longitudinal patient care. PMHs are also the foundation of care delivery, within Primary Care Networks (PCNs) and the cornerstone of an integrated system of primary and community care.
Our Coordinator roles are integral to our organization and provide essential support to the team, logistics management, events coordination, and administrative oversight. Coordinator responsibilities can include:
· Working in partnership with Program Managers to deliver on the set deliverables, meetings, and programs.
· Supporting the development and implementation of project work plans and coordinating project activities.
· Supporting project planning meetings, tracking project progress, and keeping records updated.
· Leading the organization and facilitation of the clinician In-Service bi-weekly sessions.
· Developing spreadsheets, diagrams, presentations and process maps for working groups and steering committee with input from Program Managers and Evaluator.
· Supporting member and stakeholder engagement activities.
· Organizing and facilitating meetings involving working with stakeholders on agenda setting, preparing and distributing meeting material, identifing, tracking, and following up on action items.
· Providing support in completing reports on PCN implementation activities and outcomes.
· Processing expenses, invoices, and preparing variance reports as necessary.
· Collaborating with colleagues to streamline and optimize operational processes and procedures.
Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
Coordinators at the Division ensure things run smoothly. They thrive in supporting the team to function efficiently. Some of the Coordinators specialize in finance and governance, others in supporting our membership, specific programs and/or patients looking for a family physician. All of them are skilled at communicating effectively, creating an atmosphere of inclusivity, understanding the importance of keeping people connected and on the same page. They have experience in coordinating projects or multi-stakeholder change initiatives and often have a university degree. They are clever, tech savvy, detailed, collaborative, effective problem solvers and professional.
Some of their skills and abilities include:
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, ability to liaise with physicians and various stakeholders in a professional and courteous manner.
· Attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness when maintaining and summarizing information, data, and records.
· Strong analysis, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving abilities to develop and implement plans and realize project completion.
· High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and a variety of web-based online collaboration tools (Zoom, Teams, Video conferencing, etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple projects, and work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Demonstrated political acuity.
· Ability to attend occasional early and late meetings.
· Ability to develop strategies to support project goals and achieve intended outcomes.
· Knowledge of BC health care delivery systems is an asset but not required.
This position will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, generally 8:00 am to 4.00 pm (with occasional early and late meetings).
Please send a cover letter with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Yes we have a workplace safety plan. The building is closed so staff are working remotely.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 1 year (preferred)