Technician, Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
Status: Casual (1 position)
Classification: FA 4
Location: Surrey/Abbotsford, BC
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a casual Technician in the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP). Reporting to the Equipment Supply Associate, or designate, the Technician cleans and repairs health equipment at the HELP distribution centre and also supports HELP technical volunteers.
- Cleans and disinfects health equipment, according to standards.
- Inspects, repairs and maintains health equipment, according to standards.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and carries out repairs, following manufacturer’s specifications.
- Documents, repairs and maintains up-to-date equipment records in inventory management system.
- Provides training and coaching to volunteers regarding equipment reprocessing.
- Transports equipment between HELP sites and delivers, installs and picks up equipment from clients’ homes, as required.
Education and Experience:
Minimum qualifications for this position includes completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field, experience working in a driving position, and a minimum of one year of experience in working with hand and basic power tools; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills in MS Outlook and data entry/database skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and customer service skills
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or required to take within probationary period)
- A valid Provincial Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Training in health equipment repair
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse populations
- Ability to travel to other HELP locations in the Province to assist as required
- Casual hours as needed based on operational requirements - typically 7 hour daytime shifts Monday to Friday.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- Must be able to work between the Surrey and Abbotsford HELP site locations as needed.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
Job Type: Casual
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- computer data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with hand tools and power tools: 2 years (Preferred)
- Truck Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Surrey (Preferred)
- BC Class 5 Driver (Preferred)
- english (Preferred)