Dueck GM is Canada’s largest General Motors Auto Group. For over 80 years, The Dueck Auto Group has been one of the most well-known and respected Automotive Dealerships in the country. As the Dueck Auto Group continues to grow, we are looking for motivated, career-oriented individuals to join our team. We have three locations in the Lower Mainland with the Dueck on Marine location being the center for the accounting and finance responsibilities.
The Controller is responsible for guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. He or she protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. The Controller monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
We are looking for someone who is well organized, detail oriented, articulate, professional and a team player, with a passion for the business. Someone who investigates irregularities and is not afraid to ask questions regarding expenses and/or payable requests. Integrity, decency and professional deportment are key personal traits that are strongly desired.
POSITION OVERVIEW & JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preparing Dealership financial statements in accordance with established timelines
- Complete end-of-month accounting reports as assigned
- Filing monthly GST, PST and income tax
- Set up and maintain accruals for expenses
- Capital asset management
- Run and review expense trend reports
- Monthly schedule reconciliations
- Yearend audit preparation
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Maintain a strong system of internal control
- Supervise accounting department staff
- Two years of experience in an accounting Office Manager / Controller leadership position
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of dealership financial statements
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of automotive accounting office positions
- Must have an accounting degree and professional designation
- Knowledge of PSB Systems would be an asset
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday that may require working extended hours in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply by submitting a resume. We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time