Under the supervision of the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales and margin within their territory that meet/exceed plan. Main qualities this person must have is the ability to uncover and create value with existing and new customers. Through prospection you must be comfortable speaking in front of groups where you are creating value knowing your audience and the pitch that is needed to move forward. A combination of hunting and farming is critical for success. This will be maintained through strategic planning in conjunction with company initiatives and objectives. High level of organization is required as you will be dealing with multiple product lines and follow up is key to success. There is a lot of autonomy in this role so the successful applicant must be self motivated with a drive to succeed.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Sales or Marketing option, or a relevant combination of training and experience;
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience relevant to the position.
- Good knowledge of the building materials market is considered an asset;
- Strong Computer skills (Office suite);
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Desire and capability/skills to effectively and efficiently manage multiple on-going sales opportunities and client expectations;
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the diversify product line;
- Bilingual is an asset but not required;
- Frequent overnight travel will be required.
- Possibility of flexible schedule;
- Collective insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Possibility of telecommuting;
- Possibility of advancement.
Job Type: Full-time