Job Title: Physiotherapist
Job Family: Physiotherapy
Job Level (status): Contract - Hours Negotiable - approx. 3 days per week
Location: Copeman Healthcare Edmonton - Suite 700-10216 124 St. Edmonton, AB
Join our team
Copeman is looking for a Physiotherapist to support our Edmontonr Centre. Within this role the Physiotherapists play a key role in our team environment; primarily they focus on performing clinical assessments, setting goals and providing treatment plans for clients.
As part of the team, you'll be responsible for:
- Initiating appropriate treatment intervention based on clinical assessment
- Providing ongoing evaluation of client progress
- Administering and collecting outcome measurement information
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives
- Collaborating with our interdisciplinary healthcare team
- Communicating to appropriate referral sources and stakeholders
At our clinic, Physiotherapists can benefit from the following:
- Private treatment rooms
- Gym space
- Close collaboration with a highly-skilled team of movement and strength coaches, Kinesiologists, and Exercise Physiologists, Sports Medicine physicians, and experienced Physiotherapists
- 60-minute initial assessments
- 30-, 45-, or 60-minute follow-up appointments as needed
- An environment that values one-on-one sessions between all health care professionals and their clients
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
Experience / Knowledge:
- Three to five years’ experience in healthcare setting utilizing health charting
- Acupuncture, IMS considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current physiotherapy techniques
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience in the use of computers and various software applications
Professional / Designation Certification:
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and minimum of five years’ experience
- Post Graduate training, ideally manual therapy levels or equivalent
- Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Registered under the College of Physiotherapist of Alberta
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- You will be required to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting. Typically you would work office hours however; some flexibility may be required to accommodate service requirements for the operation.
- Physical ability to do the jobs as you will be spending time walking, bending, stretching, lifting and standing
- You will be working in an office environment, which may require extended periods of time completing computer related work as well as standing for performing the lab related tasks. You will work an eight hour day with an additional minimum of half hour for lunch. You may be required to travel for meetings and centre support.
Who is Copeman?
At Copeman, we are a team of individuals committed to helping people achieve greater longevity and quality of life through physical, psychological and brain health. We have created a culture based on mutual respect and professionalism and we strive to live our values on a daily basis. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer service minded individuals who want to work in a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment.
Copeman is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process. Please let the recruitment team know of any accommodation requirement at the beginning of the process.
Please note that we are exclusively recruiting people who can work legally in Canada.
If you meet the qualifications and feel you can help achieve excellence in the quality of care we provide, we would be very interested in talking to you. Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website, www.copemanhealthcare.com, under the About Us/Careers tab.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, we will only contact with those selected for an interview.
Reference ID: 3799
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Physiotherapy: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Physiotherapist of Alberta (Preferred)