SkillPlan is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development programs. We have over 25 years of experience providing workforce development consulting services and resources to construction and other industries.
We are looking for Instructors/Tutors with excellent math and science skills to support apprentices in technical training and preparing for entrance assessments. You will work with apprentices at all levels of technical training in one-to-one and small group situations (online or in-person). You must be able to adapt your teaching style relative to SkillPlan’s training model and the learning outcomes of each trade.
- Trade Certificate or Provincial Instructors Diploma (PID) or Bachelor of Education
- Immediate opportunities for the following trade instructors: Electrical, Millwright, Piping (Sprinkler and Gas Fitter) & Refrigeration
- Up to 30 hours per week – including afternoons, evenings, weekends
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals and small groups (indigenous, learning disabilities, lack of education, etc.)
- Work with SkillPlan Workplace Educator team to support tutoring
- Ability to provide 1-1 tutoring or small group instruction (online and in-person)
SkillPlan is dedicated to providing quality products and services to our clients and expect employees to meet these standards of work. Online delivery support will be provided.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your cover letter detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job requirements outlined and your resume to SkillPlan by Tuesday, June 30th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest in SkillPlan, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Remote / Online
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)