Role: Information Specialist – English/Spanish
Position Type: Part-Time (up to 30 hours per week)
Compensation: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Location: Primarily – Home Office, Occasionally required to work from Head Office
Reports to: Manager, Communication Centre
Training: 4-6 weeks of Paid training at Head office, Newmarket
Social Enterprise for Canada (SEC) is a charitable organization started in 1989 and serving York Region, Peel Region and Simcoe County. SEC seeks, secures and delivers a range of public services dedicated to creating communities that exemplify Canadian values of respect, inclusion, diversity, equity and sustainability.
SEC maintains its head office in Newmarket and provides public service signature expertise for immigrants, newcomers, early learning and development, Family Justice Service, Career and Labour market integration through programs such as Supervised Access, EarlyOn Child & Family Centres, Welcome Centre for Immigrant Services-Newmarket and several Before & After School and Licensed Childcare Programs.
SEC has been an early adaptor public benefit organization. As such Social Enterprise Canada Corp is a companion business company that delivers high value business and client services. SECC’s portfolio includes data applications, virtual, service and multilingual communication solutions.
As “Directors of First Impressions” our Information Specialists play a critical role presenting a corporate level of service excellence to our English and multilingual customers. As an Information Specialist you will be responsible for coordinating and executing a broad range of customer service activities for our primary customer, the York and Durham Region Welcome Centre’s as well as other customers demonstrating multi-language needs. Tasks will include receiving and responding to general and escalated customer inquiries; appointment setting; and providing general information about the programs and services available to our customer base. You will provide consistent and up to date information to best support the client needs. This is a great opportunity to join a team of similar minded people who focus on providing excellence in support of the customers and to each other.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Recommend pathways to callers based on service knowledge and background research
- Ensuring all information and paperwork is up to date and documented
- Use advanced technology tools to schedule appointments, maintain data bases, develop spreadsheets and compose word documents
- Deliver accurate, up to date information in a professional manner focussing on client needs
- Provide Interpretation for multi person conference calls or video communication
- Perform Message Relay communication tasks
- Prepare and submit reports as requested on weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Collaborate with other service providers to ensure best client care
- Adapt to changing schedules and plan coordination of tasks in order to meet the needs of clients or team
- Analyze situational needs with a solution focused approach
- Self-manage within defined parameters
- Maintain corporate standards of confidentiality, non-harassment and conflict of interest policies
- Organize data and correspondence in a concise systematic manner
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Communication, Social Studies or a related field
- Minimum 2 years customer service or contact centre experience
- Proven communication and organizational skills. Able to clearly articulate messages both verbally and in writing, with superior active listening skills in both Spanish and English
- Communicate clearly in a cultural and language sensitive manner
- Experience with Interpretations
- Prioritize tasks to ensure completion of group deliverables
- Highly organized, self-motivated, attentive to details
- Maintain company with standards of confidentiality, non-harassment and other Policies
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Work collaboratively with internal team
- Certified Community Interpreter CILISAT, ILSAT, RBI or equivalent preferred
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Individual is required to have a Newer PC with minimum Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 with Outlook and High Speed Internet
- Long periods of sitting
- Constant work with headsets
- Long periods of active listening with the ability to disseminate information for multiple purposes
- Essential multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Contract employment to March 31, 2020. Renewal dependent on continued funding and satisfactory performance
We appreciate all candidates for their expressed interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Social Enterprise for Canada is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be please to work with you to identify how we can best support you through the process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.25 /hour
- Call Centre: 2 years (Preferred)