Join a community that fosters meaningful relationships based on respect and compassion.
We will invest in your future by providing orientation, mentorship, lifelong learning and career opportunities.
We promote a healthy, safe and supportive work environment.
Our values based organization promotes a culture where everyone’s unique contribution matters.
Please send your updated resume and cover letter in one document, quoting the file number in the subject line to: work@provid encecare.ca .
Contact Katie Belisle, Recruitment & Staffing Speciali s t, 613.544.4900 x53454 for a complete l i s t of duties , respons ibi l i ties or inquiries .
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practic s – Please noti fy the above i f you require an accommodation to ful ly
particip t in the hi ri g process or require crui tment documents in French .
Cook, Food & Nutrition Services
Providence Manor Long Term Care Home
$23.00 - $24.77
To prepare food for service to Residents, staff, visitors in the cafeteria, and catering functions, following the established menu and
standardized recipes. In keeping with appropriate standards and guidelines for the department and in accordance with the
Ministry of Health LTC standards, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Public Health Act, perform dishwashing duties.
Experience:Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
diploma or culinary
from a program that
meets the standard
established by the
Ministry of Training,
of an Interprovincial
Standards Red Seal
Program is an asset
- Prepares hot and cold food items for Residents, Staff Cafeteria, MOW, Hildegarde and
- Able to organize work effectively
- A kind, understanding and patient nature for dealing with elderly residents.
- Knowledge of the MOH & LTC standards.
- Use the menu rotation and production sheets with standardized recipes.
- Ensures proper rotation of all food items in storage.
- Uses safe food handling procedures.
- Uses safe work practices.
- Indicates correct portion sizes of food.
- Set up steam tables with food before MOW meal service.
- Distributes food to designated hot carts for meal service.
- Presents food attractively through the use of garnishes, etc.
- Reports safety hazards and equipment problems immediately to supervisor and/or
- Organizes work so department work schedule is adhered to (i.e. meal service is on time).
- Participates in staff and production meetings and in-services.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Works in compliance with the H&S Act and its regulations in performing duties in a safe
manner and follows all health and safety policies, procedures and legislation
- Uses or wears the PPE / equipment as set out by Providence Care policies and
- Reports any missing or defective equipment or PPE of which he/she is aware of and
which may endanger himself or herself or another worker, to his/her supervisor or
- Reports any contravention of the act or the regulations, or any hazard of which he/she
knows of to his/her immediate supervisor or a management representative
- Participates in staff meetings, education and/or training for health and safety as required
by Providence Care
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Perform other related duties as assigned