Who We are and What We do
AceAge Inc. is a healthcare technology company, creating intuitive products to ease the aging process and improve healthcare outcomes. Our product is Karie - a personal health companion that organizes, schedules, and dispenses pills with one-button technology, ensuring that patients are taking the right medication at the right time. We believe in simple health tools for better health outcomes.
As a healthcare technology start-up, we thrive on innovation and technological advancement. We are currently working on other initiatives, including our I2P2 study with CABHI and the implementation of applied facial recognition!
Reporting directly to the Chief Production Officer, our Engineering Technician will provide technical and hands-on support of manufacturing/assembly processes. They will perform a wide range of support and operations associated with the assembly, configuration, set-up, and testing of our Karie product while providing input for continuous improvements. This is a truly unique opportunity that focuses on conducting studies and developing and supervising programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials and procedures to enhance quality, efficiency and productivity
What is in it for You?
Cutting Edge Technology - At AceAge, we are building teams that are able to apply the latest technologies.
Fulfillment - By joining and helping build our team, you will be applying your skills and knowledge for a cause. You will help aging individuals to age in place, to empower users, and improve health outcomes!
Career Growth - This is only the beginning! At AceAge, we value every member of our team. We want you to grow with us, so we will provide you with the time, resources, and guidance you need to make your career a rewarding one.
Who We are Looking For
An Engineering Technician who has an interest in working directly with products in a production environment. A hard work ethic with the ability to adapt to change and excel in a competitive environment will be an asset. A keen interest in a growth opportunity and rewarding role in a forward-thinking operation.
Duties and Responsibilities of the J.O.B
- Assembly and inspection of critical sub-assemblies
- Finished Assembly inspection, configuration and test
- Support manufacturing team
- Update/manage work instructions
- Develop and implement process improvements for assembly and test
- Provide design feedback with recommendations for improvement
- Installation of programs on processors (Load firmware, install an operating system and programming processor)
- Assess and analyze current production methods
- Develop and draft an improved production process; ensure that all products are manufactured with utmost efficiency and quality
- Design and implement cost-reductive changes
Bring It On
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field. Equivalent experience will be considered
- 2+ years proven experience in production/industrial engineering
- Previous experience in a lead/supervisory position is preferred but not required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively lead and direct employees
- Detail-oriented, hands-on and extremely efficient in managing time and resources
- Ability to maintain positive vendor and client relationships
- Familiarity with CAD software and technical drawings
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access)
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Equity Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Working environment that breeds energy and excitement!
- Like the market we are dedicated to serving, we are a company that cares about our employees and want you to be happy inside and outside of the office
- Option to work remotely given project specs
- Constant high-fives
If you feel you meet most or all of our qualifications we are seeking and you are excited about the potential of growing and advancing with us, please email your resume and cover letter including your salary expectations to Carlin Friedrich, Human Resources Manager.
AceAge is an equal opportunity Employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process.
Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- industrial engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)