Every company has a story. Ours started by observing untapped space on the walls of our homes…and then turned into something so, so much bigger.
Having borne witness to “digital” reshaping every facet of our lives, we marvel at the possibilities and have dedicated years to the pursuit of a visual and auditory experience that goes way beyond our smart phones, tablets, and TVs. Since the invention of the motion picture, no one has created such captivating ways to enjoy content from an entirely different perspective… until now.
We’re the inventors of a new way for customers at home to experience digital stuff, and for brands at large to display their digital stuff (in really large format). What’s behind the transformative experiences we create through imagery you ask? It’s our technology platform.
At VIDERI, we build ground-breaking hardware, write state-of-the-art software, and curate (and create) something-for-everyone content. We’re changing the walls of places where we work, play, eat, shop, relax, and live.
Literally, and figuratively. It’s often said that products that challenge the status quo need to be seen to be believed. This is worth seeing.
About the role
The Web Fullstack Developer, reporting to the Development Manager, is developing, refining, and implementing a high-quality, front end interface for the web-based component of the Videri product suite.
What you’ll do
- Write highly maintainable code that scales and interfaces well with our backend systems.
- Analyze business requirements, determine appropriate scenarios and workflow, and create UI prototypes to reflect your solutions.
- Play a key role in design sessions, providing expert input, suggestions, and advice on page design, site flow, usability, and overall user experience.
- Collaborate with project team in the execution of projects to achieve quality customer experiences.
- Ensure product quality.
- Solve UX problems by working closely with PMs and graphic artists.
- Ensure the highest level of usability, desirability, and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor or advanced degree in graphic design and experience in IT or multimedia fields.
- 5+ years of industry experience creating front end layers or interface protocols.
- 2+ years’ experience with Mobile Web UI design for iOS, Android, Windows platforms.
- Solid understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition).
- This position requires a solution-focused thinker who can pro-actively communicate and lead in creative, business, and technical discussions.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude.
- Team player and ability to work individually.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in both English and French, both spoken and written.
- Able to work in a diversified environment.
- Fast learner.
- Perfectly bilingual
- Great mentorship and start-up company culture
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Mobile Web UI design for iOS, Android, Windows: 2 years (Required)
- EmberJS: 1 year (Required)
- creating front end layers or interface protocols: 5 years (Required)