Systems Integration Engineer -* (*201704136)
Systems Integration Engineer Remote Canada
As a Systems Integration Engineer, you will be joining a small technical team on the Digital team at Just Energy. You will be playing a critical role in the creation of a new digital energy marketplace. This role offers you an opportunity to work in a startup mode backed by the resources of an established company. You will work closely with our team of front-end developers, core Just Energy development team, and development team of partnering retail energy providers in building this energy marketplace. You will be primarily responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining the integration with the front-end website, telephony platform, as well as lead generation and enrolment processes with various partners. Experience in the energy industry is an asset.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
For more than 20 years, Just Energy has been a leading retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities, energy efficiency solutions and renewable energy options. With offices located across the United States and Canada, Just Energy is a global company serving approximately 1.5 million residential and commercial customers. As a Trusted Advisor, we’re proud to provide homes and businesses with a broad range of solutions that deliver comfort, convenience and control.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive, and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Design, build, deliver, review, test and help support the interfaces between a new Salesforce CRM and a front-end website, telephony system, lead generation and enrolment processes with various retail energy providers that makes up the new digital energy marketplace.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations.
- QA testing support and production defect support.
- Manage rework/bug fixes.
- Coordinate development efforts with the project team.
- Apply technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business value and minimize risk.
- Develop shared reusable components to increase reusability and solution robustness.
- Be responsible for the quality of deliverables.
Your background includes:
- Strong software development skills with a minimum of 4 years proven programming experience in a Cloud first, API driven environment.
- Proven hands-on experience in the following technologies: Salesforce Sales Cloud, middleware and integration platforms such as Mulesoft API management, Amazon Connect, Authentication Management, RESTful Web API, JSON, XML SOAP, and related technologies.
- Expertise solutioning in AWS platforms utilizing modern serverless approach is an asset.
- Relational database experience with data modeling, reporting, query optimization, indexing in SQL Server (or Postgres, MySQL), and related technologies.
- Prior experience as a team member or team lead on at least one full life cycle Salesforce implementation.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn and engage new technologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to express complex technology concepts effectively and in a manner suitable for various audiences.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, highly collaborative and inclusive.
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment with a positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Knowledge in the energy business is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in the field of computer science, information technology, or equivalent.
#LI - KP1
Primary Location: Canada
Job: Information Technology
Employee Status: Non-Management
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2020, 1:05:03 PM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday