The Review Course is seeking a professional and reliable Administrative & Marketing Assistant contractor to help us accomplish our goal of providing a consistently exceptional educational experience to our attendees. Preference is given to bright, enthusiastic applicants who are eager and able to learn with speed and confidence, in an environment where attention to excellence and detail are highly valued.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative assistance: Responding to e-mails and other communications from venues, faculty, course registrants, potential attendees (i.e. sending pre-written responses to common inquiries)
- Marketing assistance: Scheduling and posting of blog posts (written by The Review Course faculty) and other content (i.e. on website, mailing list, Facebook, Twitter)
- Other: Ad hoc responsibilities, executive assistant tasks, and special projects as necessary. For example, may be offered the opportunity to provide administrative assistance at The Review Course in person i.e. event registration and assistance (travel and accommodation expenses would be reimbursed if this is offered).
The above duties are offered as a guide and negotiation is welcome. Though this position is responsible for a broad breadth of responsibilities, this is an assistant position. The successful candidate will therefore be expected and encouraged to operate independently when comfortable, but generous support and supervision for the above responsibilities will be provided as necessary.
- Office experience – Scheduling, typing, documentation, e-mail, and ability to handle the above responsibilities simultaneously
- Computer experience – proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Language skill – Exceptional written, spoken, digital and interpersonal skill in English
- Character – Organized, dependable, diplomatic, strong attention to detail (i.e. please address your cover letter to Stephanie), and ability to prioritize customer service
- Education – High school diploma and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience in basic graphic design
- Experience in event planning
- Experience in digital marketing
- Partial post-secondary education or minimum 1-2 years experience in business or office administration or health care or a related field
- Optional opportunities in the future may include potential for expanded roles such as social media assistance, marketing coordinator, or event manager
- Position type: Contract position, with variable hours, and immediate start opportunity.
- Expected hours: Widely variable, ranging from 0-10 hours per week. Expected hours may increase or decrease from time to time, based upon the demands of The Review Course (i.e. more work tends to occur in the weeks leading up to The Review Course).
- Flexibility: This position is highly flexible; requests from the successful applicant to increase or decrease the hours of work will also be welcomed and seriously considered. Additional hours to complete additional relevant projects may also be available upon request.
- Work location: Work from home / remotely. Own computer and Internet connection required.
Starting $15.00 / hr (or more, depending upon experience) + regular consideration of increase
To be invoiced upon completion of work. Payment within 1 week of invoice, typically on the same day.
More information about The Review Course is available at www.TheReviewCourse.com
ABOUT THE REVIEW COURSE
The Review Course in Family Medicine is Canada’s only independent national exam preparation course for physicians studying for the Canadian certification examination in Family Medicine (the CCFP exam).
The Review Course is a highly-rated two-day, lecture-based conference held at various times throughout the year, typically in the Spring and Fall, to prepare attendees for success on the CCFP exam.
The Review Course is not “just another medical conference.” Instead, The Review Course consistently strives to display a high level of excellence in all areas, both in and beyond the classroom. The Review Course relies on content marketing and word-of-mouth advertising; accordingly, the impression we make on our potential attendees and the satisfaction of our attendees is a high priority. We have been successful at attracting attendees and we have consistently sold out events, and are proud to have had repeat attendees who enjoyed our course and returned a second time. We have also been successful at impressing our attendees; The Review Course received an overall rating of 4.8/5 in 2016, with 98% of attendees stating they would recommend the course to a colleague.
More information about The Review Course, including reviews from our past attendees, is available at www.TheReviewCourse.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour