Consentia currently has casual, full time, shift work openings for Records Clerks/Data Entry Clerks in our Edmonton Service Bureau location. Due to the confidential nature of our work, successful candidates will be required to pass a background security check.
We offer a centralized downtown location and a comfortable work environment with opportunities for advancement. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the duties are as follows:
- Document Preparation: sorting and preparing incoming documents, including removing files from boxes, creating batches of records, inserting separator sheets, sorting by client requirements, and removing staples. Some lifting will be required in the handling of a box of files to prepare.
- Digital scanning: utilizing a computer to operate high volume scanners, complete quality assurance checks, indexing, rescan or auditing.
- Microfilm scanning: scanning microfilm or microfiche through high speed scanners to produce digital images, complete quality assurance checks, indexing or rescan.
- Data Entry: Entering, updating and verifying data in computer systems and custom applications.
Qualifications and Skills
- This position requires high levels of attention to detail and strong computer skills.
Candidates must be willing to work externally at our client sites. Administrative/clerical experience is an asset.
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills: organization, typing, data entry skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness, decision making, independence, analytical skills, receptive to feedback, entry level
- knowledge in Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel, and willingness to learn (cross-training is essential)
A typing test will be required as part of the interview process. Due to the nature of the documents dealt with, excellent reading and comprehension skills in English are required. Some experience with document handling is an asset, however training will be provided.
In your cover letter or resume please let us know: How many words per minute (wpm) do you type?
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)