Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The AEI Specialist has the responsibility to execute and lead Automation strategy deployment at this plant in accordance with the business need and corporate defined best practice standards and guidelines. Work including, but not limited to plc programming, HMI programming, plant network architecture design/troubleshooting, control system design/upgrades and the deployment of automated process tools needed to make manufacturing systems function properly in accordance with the business needs. Provide design expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation for projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards. Provide expertise and/or support for internal and external resources during the execution of projects.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation in support of the plant.
- To learn the facility functions (both the processes and the service groups). To continuously gain knowledge and experience in automation, electrical and instrumentation.
- Provide programming and configuration expertise to support projects.
- Management of troubleshooting tools and documentation.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders and open/close valves
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to read/write English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- At least 4 years of experience in production related work
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
- Must have an understand continuous and batch process control strategies
- Must obtain a working understanding of the plant process
- Must be able to configure and program a variety of control systems including DCS, PLC and HMI systems
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Must be able to update and troubleshoot a range of electrical or instrumentation systems
- Ability to read and update electrical schematics
- Design and implementation knowledge of plant digital business technologies
- Good communications and organizational skills
- Work well in a team or individual environment and be a self-starter
- Will require working in food processing facility environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling
- Automation, Electrical, and / or Instrumentation experience, AB and/or Siemens
- Knowledge of predictive technologies (MCE, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical OR Associate’s Technical degree plus minimum 3+ years AEI experience OR minimum 5+ years AEI experience in lieu of degree
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39.66 /hour
- programming plcs: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEI: 2 years (Preferred)
- troubleshooting electrical or instrumentation systems: 1 year (Preferred)