Project Coordinator – Inn Team
Inn From the Cold (IFTC) is a non-profit charitable organization located in Newmarket, ON. We provide a range of services and programming to address homelessness, the risk of homelessness, poverty and social isolation in our community. This is a part-time, (21 hours/week, until August 31, 2021) position, with the possibility of extension, reporting to the IFTC Program Manager. The rate of pay is $24/per hour.
“Inn From the Cold’s ‘Inn Team’ will change our community's perception of those experiencing homelessness. With a Team Leader, three Inn Team members will call upon existing and underutilized skills three days a week to perform small tasks and odd jobs for businesses, faith groups, and community members. Inn From the Cold will provide supervision, coordination, training, tools, and insurance needed to successfully carry out scheduled work orders.
Inn Team members will develop skills, receive on the job training, and will gain a sense of purpose and fulfillment that comes from a job well done. Our funding for this pilot project covers the materials and supervision, but we hope that through donations for services rendered we will be able to offer small honorariums to the Team. We understand that our community is experiencing economic hardship resulting from COVID-19 and not all can pay at this time. The Inn Team is eager to give back to the community and would love to offer their assistance to you!”
The Inn Team Project Coordinator is responsible for setting-up and managing this new exciting project.
Overview of the Position:
The Project Coordinator will play a leadership role in the following main activities:
· Be an ambassador for the project
· Work with local businesses/organizations/faith groups to secure work orders
· Deliver workshops on soft skills necessary in the job market
· Work with staff and consultants to explore social enterprise models for this project
· Coordinate and set up a steering committee for this project
· Facilitate work placements, skill development and training for people facing barriers in the labour market, especially people experiencing homelessness.
· Collaborate with other agencies and organizations supporting the project and its members.
· Collaborate with IFTC staff to secure on-going funding for this project.
· Outreach and screening for program participants
· Coordinate training workshops (occupational skills and employability) for program participants. Some training will be delivered by the Project Coordinator, and some delivered by partners and purchased providers
· Monitor work placements to ensure success and resolve issues which may arise
· Conduct evaluations with Inn Team Members and employers.
· Skills training relevant to those with barriers to employment
· Experience working with vulnerable populations
· University or College Degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Employment placement / labour market development initiatives
· Community economic development/social enterprise development
· Well organized
· Ability to work independently or in a group
· A valid driver’s license
· Experience in project management to achieve expected results on time and budget
· Experience working with small business owners and the faith community
· Knowledge of Newmarket and York Region
· Use of a car
· Experience working effectively with volunteers, professionals and community members
· Experience with computers and data collection
Closing Date: Friday August 21, 2020 at 5 pm.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2020-08-21
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $24.00 per hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19