The Québec English School Boards are now accepting applications for teaching positions in rural and remote locations across Québec.
Already teaching in Quebec? Learn about the broad range of opportunities, benefits, and differences associated with teaching within the English school boards.
New to Quebec? Come discover Québec’s many facets. Work and live here enjoying breathtaking and uplifting landscapes and discover new horizons. From outdoor adventures … culinary delights … the rivers to estuaries of the gulf St Lawrence … bustling cities and festivals … culture and history … hiking, hunting and fishing … to roads to discover, you can choose your lifestyle and enjoy a rewarding career with the English School Boards of Quebec.
About the Québec English School Boards
The Québec English School Boards are comprised of nine English public school boards in Québec and one special status school board, Littoral.
Student enrolment by board ranges from 1,300 (Eastern Shores in the Gaspé region) to over 25,000 for each of the 2 boards serving the Island of Montréal.
The boards consist of approximately 340 schools and adult centres, some with enrolments ranging from less than 100 to as many as 2,000 that serving over 100,000 students in the Quebec English public school system.
The Québec English School Boards serve individuals from Kindergarten to Secondary V (grade 11). They also deliver Adult Education and Vocational Training. Some boards offer pre-kindergarten to 4-year-old programming. Adult and Vocational sectors cater to students 16 years of age and older.
- The boards range in French programs offered from French Second Language, Core, Bilingual, and French immersion programs.
- Each Board is unique in terms of territory covered, demography of the population it serves, board orientations, and history.
- The boards have an impressive student graduation rate of near 90% built on a collaborative and inclusive model.
The Québec English School Boards strive to offer an inclusive environment of respect, equity and positive recognition of differences Come to join our team! Be part of and build on our culture of innovation, inspiration, and belonging.
Rural and Remote Teaching Opportunities
We are currently staffing several positions within our school boards across the province. We invite teachers to submit their applications at this time for our upcoming opportunities in August.
Some of our regions/schools are entitled to regional disparities compensation, transportation expenses, retention premium and housing subsidy.
Application must include:
- Applicants must hold a "Brevet d'enseignement" or a teaching permit from the province of Quebec or from a Canadian province;
- Teaching experience is considered an asset.
Skills & Competencies:
- Resume (including detailed work history and education background)
- A cover letter
- Professional references
- A valid security background check (if you possess one)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a variety of student needs
- Superior organizational skills
To apply, please register or link an existing profile through Apply to Education.