Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The primary focus of this role is to create, monitor and report progress of production schedules to meet customers’ demands balanced to production constraints and capabilities. This is a multi-plant operation with multiple customers, suppliers and internal partners including Sales, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Warehousing and Transportation.
The candidate is an energetic customer and supply chain focused change agent having advanced skills in Excel and ERP systems.
- Develops a detailed understanding of production constraints and capabilities.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and approve release of production work orders based on capacity constraints and capabilities.
- Interact and influence Sales, Procurement and Warehouse personnel to meet customers’ demands concurrent to meeting inventory KPI’s.
- Compile reports on progress of work orders, inventory levels, costs and production attainment.
- Review and distribute production work orders to determine progress of work orders, completion dates and to promote informed decision making and alignment amongst stakeholders.
- Support S+OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process to ensure efficient site planning.
- Support Management of inventory part codes and bills of materials into ERP system.
- Continuously improving areas with inefficiencies and/or low effectiveness.
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain and or Business Management.
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or similar.
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in production scheduling and capacity planning, preferably in Food Manufacturing or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong knowledge of ERP with experience in MPS (Material Production Scheduling) and MRP (Materials Requirement Planning).
- Advanced in ERP Systems (Microsoft, AX, SAP or Oracle).
- Experience in S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience with Consumer Packaged Goods industry is preferred.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.