As Family Assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance to a single father and his children, ages 7 and 10. His children currently reside with him Monday through Thursday and sometimes on weekends. Although he spends as much time as possible with his children, he cannot manage all of the tasks of a busy home while working full-time when they are in his care. This job will require approximately 25-30 hours per week.
Duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
· Caring for the children during meal times including feeding them.
· Handling light house cleaning, including keeping the kitchen clean and tidy.
· Assisting with household laundry.
· Watching the children including overseeing their mealtimes.
· Assisting with preparing grocery lists and managing grocery shopping.
· Assisting the children with their homework.
· Driving the children to their activities.
· Periodically driving the children to school or to their mother’s home.
· Watching the children during the summer in the backyard pool.
· Preparing meals for the household.
· Assisting with household and personal errands as needed.
Requirements and Assets:
· A vehicle is provided however, a valid Driver’s License is a must.
· Being a great cook is an asset.
· Experience looking after children is a must.
· Running errands is a must.
· Periodic availability to join a family activity is an asset.
· Be prepared to work a combination evenings, weekends, and daytime hours.
· Some early mornings may be required when school resumes in the fall.
· Cell phone can be provided if needed.
· Flexible hours: switching between mornings and evenings, split shifts.
· Duties are generally reduced during periods where he travels.
· Pet friendly home so you should be comfortable with cats.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure and multi-task effectively. You should also have a relaxed and calm personality with a “go with the flow” attitude. You must be proactive, flexible and reliable.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour