AFIMAC Canada is actively hiring experienced Electrical and Instrumental Technicians for assignments throughout Ontario.
This position may require you to work 12 hour shifts, 5 working days per week when assigned to a project.
*Please read the full job posting and apply on Indeed. Calls to our AFIMAC Head Office will result in your application being denied. After reviewing your resume, we will reach out to qualified individuals VIA email to schedule an interview. *
You will earn:
- $40.00 per hour before overtime
- $60 per hour during overtime (after 44 hours a week)
- $30 per day non-taxed meal allowance
- Paid Travel (up to 4 hours)
- Hotel Accommodations Provided (when required)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify and make installations to the facility’s electrical and instrumentation systems, in a professional and timely fashion, as required.
- Perform service functions as directed by Management for all electrical equipment on site that is at or below 600V. This includes but is not limited to:
- Install, repair and maintenance of various types of electrical equipment and components including AC. motors, DC motors, Control valves, Pressure sensors, Level sensor, temperature sensors, limit switches
- Maintenance of above listed equipment is for both electrically classified locations (Class I, Division 1&2) and non-classified areas, maintenance of rated enclosures and purge systems
- Maintain and trouble shoot electrical power distribution systems, up to 600 Volt AC, Maintain Motor control centers, change fuses, perform lockouts
- Maintain high Housekeeping standards at all work areas
- Recording schedule and work order feedback
- Recording preventive maintenance and equipment history data
- Communicating job status upon completion or end of shift
- Use of man-lift on occasion
Skills & Qualifications:
- Licensed Ontario Industrial Electrician with over 5 years in trade experience
- Good Computer operating skills
- Familiarity with logic solvers and controllers and HMIs.
- Familiarity with robotic equipment is an asset
- Familiarity with HVAC controls is an asset
- Familiarity with CMMs is an asset
- Possibly required to operate a mobile platform man-lift or work at heights
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work to established priorities and meet deadlines
- Valid G Class Driver's Licence.
- The position requires a self-starter and highly motivated person capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Hand Tools
AFIMAC is a global risk management and elite security company. For more than 30 years, AFIMAC has helped image-conscious companies and organizations across the globe to plan and execute services that mitigate and eliminate risk. AFIMAC prides itself in the long-term partnerships it establishes with clients to protect people and property in times of crisis and in regular business operations.
Contract length: 1-30 days
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $40.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Industrial Electrician : 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Ontario Industrial Electrician (Required)
- Forklift (Preferred)