Goservecare is looking for Personal Support Worker to join our team and be part of our roster for ongoing opportunities in Ontario.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides assistance to patients with daily activities in hospitals, nursing homes, or patients homes. Daily activities may include personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, transferring or positioning, light housekeeping and so on. PSWs should observe for changes in patients conditions and summon nursing staff where necessary. This is a casual/PT position with the possibility for FT hours.
- Provide assistance with hygiene and grooming, including: bathing, skincare, mouth care and hair care.
- Provide assistance with dressing and undressing.
- Provide support with toileting, utilizing bedpans, urinals, commodes, incontinent products, emptying and changing leg -bags, bowel routine.
- Provide assistance with use of personal aids such as dentures, hearing aids, and prosthesis.
- Provide assistance with transferring, positioning and ambulating through the use of mechanical aids and transferring devices.
- Provide companionship and emotional support to clients.
- Provide home support functions to the client such as menu planning, meal preparation, assistance with feeding.
- Provide light housekeeping and laundry, as required.
- Observe and report to the case supervisor or the facility charge nurse any concerns or problems regarding the clients’ physical and mental status.
- Document client information regarding personal care and home management services, as required.
- Must have a PSW certification from an accredited institution.
- English or French communication required, bilingualism is an asset.
- Must be able to work shifts (day, evening, night).
- Must have a current CPR certificate.
- Must have a recent (within the last 1 year) police check for the vulnerable sector.
- Must have a negative TB test from within the last 1 year.
- Must have a mobile device and access to the internet.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to monitor patients for extended periods of time.
- Ability to respond swiftly.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must have a high degree of patience.
- Must be calm and respectful.
- Must be proficient with technology
Working Conditions and / or Job Requirements:
- Ability to travel to multiple sites, including hospitals, long term care facilities or patient homes.
- Requires mental stamina to stay awake at all times when with a patient.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract, Casual, Freelance
Salary: $16.00-$30.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Valid covid vaccination proof (2nd dose) or Negative COVID-19 test within 7 days
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa-Gatineau, ON: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)