Organization: Service New Brunswick
Division: Population Growth Division
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: December 10, 2018
Anticipated Assignment End Date: April 26, 2019
Some after-hours and weekend work may be required; however, any overtime or work during non-business hours must be approved in advance
No. of months: 5 months
Work Location: Brookside Place in Fredericton, NB
As part of the Distributed Print Services project, Service New Brunswick (SNB) is introducing new multifunction print devices to the GNB work environment. These devices require testing to ensure compatibility with existing applications.
The purpose of this Statement of Work is to obtain the services of a resource to act as a Project Manager/Business Analyst, working on behalf of the Business Application Services (BAS) and Health Application Services (HAS) branches of SNB. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating application compatibility testing of the new multi-function print devices and providing detailed reports on results. This work includes identification of any issues, plans for remediation, re-testing (where required), and status reporting.
Deliverables associated with the engagement may be grouped into two distinct categories: those involving application compatibility testing and those involving changes to applications required to ensure on-going compatibility.
Application compatibility testing
- Project Coordination and Reporting: Provide weekly status and progress reports concerning application compatibility testing to the SNB Directors of Business Application Services (BAS) and the SNB Print Optimization Project
- Print Optimization Project Liaison: Act as the single point of contact for the Print Optimization Project team on behalf of SNB BAS leadership. Central to this interaction will be progress and status reporting, issue identification and escalation, and proactive removal of impediments to realizing the established project schedule.
- Compatibility Testing Schedule: Develop a single, integrated schedule of application compatibility testing activities spanning all areas of SNB BAS and, where required, areas of the GNB business tasked with conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT). A key source of information related to GNB applications is the GNB Corporate Application Inventory (CAI).
- Compatibility Schedule Actioning: Work closely with SNB BAS Application Leads (resources to be defined by SNB BAS) and Directors to action application compatibility testing activities and ensure timely progress. Beyond the schedule, the key tool for tracking testing progress, and any associated application changes, is anticipated to be HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Business Liaison: Act as a liaison with various GNB business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on behalf of SNB BAS leadership to ensure, where necessary, application UAT is conducted according to the established schedule.
- Meetings and Workshops: Conduct team meetings and, where appropriate, lead meetings and
- Project Repository Contributions: As required, contribute to the development and seeding of the Print Optimization project repository with
- Knowledge Transfer: Complete a thorough knowledge transfer with SNB BAS resources prior to conclusion of the contract. Sign-off of successful knowledge transfer by the SNB BAS Directors is required.
- Management of Application Changes: Ensure any application changes required to ensure compatibility with new print/scan devices are investigated and a remediation plan
a) if remediation requires a vendor to provide a solution, follow up and ensure this is delivered and retesting conducted, and
b)if remediation requires changes to the application, ensure a Change Request (CR) is created, estimated, and staffed by the BAS Application Leads and secure business approval to proceed with the change.
- CR Deployment Schedule: Develop an integrated schedule for BAS application CRs resulting from application compatibility testing that aligns with the established printer deployment timelines. If this cannot be done, escalate the particulars to the BAS Directors for resolution.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $63.00 to $68.00 /hour
- Business Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)