THIS COULD BE YOU!
Want to be part of an amazing team? If you’re a vibrant and highly motivated leader with an interest in fashion retail – we want to hear from you!
The Store Manager works with the District Manager to oversee all store operations, as well as plan & execute strategies to drive sales and profitability. The Store Manager is responsible for merchandising, customer service, as well as their teams training & development.
The Store Manager must adhere to all policies and procedures and must be a role model and demonstrate the utmost professionalism and integrity while creating a climate of trust and respect within the team. They must keep an open mind when dealing with customer and employee issues, listen to others and make fair and honest decisions accordingly. The Store Manager monitors performance and takes immediate action on substandard performance. They are able to lead and create an overall positive customer and employee experience.
- Collaborating with the District Manager to develop and implement strategies to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets.
- Training store team (current employees and new hires) on standards and programs in accordance with the employee manual.
- Taking action with the support of the District Manager on low performance and resolving conflicts.
- Recruiting and retraining talent by motivating their team and recognizing good performance.
- Conducting administrative and operational duties as required.
- Performing opening and closing procedures as per operational guidelines.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Preparing and managing employee weekly schedule.
- Handling customer complaints and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Comply with all head office requests regarding store operations.
- Processing and managing all incoming merchandising shipments.
- Handling all returns to head office as required.
- Comply with policy and regulations as per the employee manual.
- Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at the register.
Who We Are
Epic Clothing operates 5 locations across BC. We believe fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be real, and it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm.
✓ Fun & fast-paced
✓ Great employee discount
✓ Flexible schedule
✓ Caring leaders
✓ Casual dress code
✓ Limitless opportunity
At Epic, you’re more than an employee – you’re part of a fun, dynamic and energetic family.
- 2-3 years retail management experience (Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience and/or education in visual merchandising (Preferred)
- Solid business acumen
- Proven people development skills and ability to assess talent
- Strong time management and priority-setting skills
- Ability to manage stress in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to delegate tasks and take ownership
- Ability to lead a team in a positive and inclusive manner
- Ability to stand for extended periods and climb a ladder;
- Move, lift and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store (weighing up to 30 pounds).
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $16.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Store discount
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail Management: 1 year (preferred)