At Frank’s Organic Garden, we pride ourselves in being the industry leader in fully tracible, and completely organic foods. Every menu item has been meticulously crafted to deliver impeccable taste, nutrition and affordability for our customers. Each item created in our restaurant, is also offered in our market, whether fresh, frozen or prepared. We hope that people everywhere will embrace our healthy lifestyle philosophy, because when you are feeling your best, you can bring positive change.
As our General Manager you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the restaurant while working closely with our market (retail) operations to ensure a seamless experience for all our guests. You will be responsible for the effective planning, delegating, and coordinating of the business to attain desirable profit results for our organization. Under your strong leadership, you will select, develop and manage all employees with the drive to always deliver the best in customer experiences. As the General Manager, you will make all final decisions on important matters and be a community leader in the promotion of fresh, organic foods.
As our General Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Establishing Guest Service standards and providing leadership, direction, and oversight for execution from all team members.
- Ensuring a seamless guest experience from restaurant to market through fluid promotions and seasonal offerings.
- Assessing and overseeing all staffing responsibilities including selecting, training and scheduling.
- Working with our Back of House (BOH) and beverage manager to ensure portions, quantities and quality of service is maintained.
- Ensuring the effective management of inventory for food, beverage and suppliers is ordered and maintained for restaurant and market operations.
- Working closely with the Procurement Manager and Chef to ensure all food and beverage supplies are used within required dates and with a minimum amount of waste.
- Maintaining all financial and operational records of the restaurant while coordinating with the market.
- Ensuring the general maintenance and upkeep of the restaurant, as needed.
This role is perfect for you if you…
- have 5+ years food and beverage experience; preferably in a Management or Supervisory role.
- are an exceptional communicator and relationship builder with an ability to motivate and engage employees.
- are a forward thinker that can determine and implement system improvements.
- have wine and spirits knowledge and experience.
- are an expert at creating an amazing guest experience in all interactions as well as training employees to do the same.
- have strong organizational skills and the ability to adjust to frequently changing work assignments in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- are an energetic professional that demonstrates a high level of accountably.
- enjoy ‘building’ a business in an entrepreneurial environment that is passionate about a healthy lifestyle.
- possess your Food Handler and SmartServe certifications.
Work Hours / Availability
- Monday – Sunday availability
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume and cover letter.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place