Are you looking for a retail ownership opportunity where you’ll be more than just a nametag to your customers? A place where you’ll get to know, help, and catch up with familiar faces every day?
If you’re looking to own your own business and collaborate with established partners from who you can draw expertise and learn to grow, we have what you’re looking for!
We’re H. Clark Pharmacy, originally founded in the community of Simcoe in the 1950s, and purchased by the current owner in 2011, Clark Pharmacies have been providing prescriptions, advice, and retail services to generations of customers. And now, our family of businesses is entering a new phase of growth that will continue to propel us forward for the next 60 years.
As a result of our success and expansion, we’re looking for a new Pharmacy Owner to continue the tradition of exceptional, personal service that our customers know and love, and strengthen our team.
In this role, you’ll oversee the operations of your location, and will be supported by your store manager, adding value and fortifying your team. Whether you’re working with store managers, staff, or pharmacy techs, building strategic initiatives, or consulting with patients, you’ll need to bring a strong sense of organization, purpose, and natural empathy to every task.
We’ll be looking to you to respond to the needs of the business as they arise. If you’re looking for an easy 9 to 5 job, then this is not for you. But if you’re the type of person who enjoys the challenge of building and running your own business, and are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed and reap the rewards, you’ll find a long, fruitful career here.
Practically speaking, you will:
You’ll be great at this role if you are:
- Build relationships with prescribing physicians, hospitals, and major employers within the community to generate referrals
- Provide front-line patient care
- Handle human resource functions such as scheduling and supervising staff, and managing relationships with external partners and regulatory agencies
- Liaise with head office ownership on a regular basis
- Control and monitor store inventory
- Oversee sales goals, targets, and opportunities for your store
- Entrepreneurial – you have a growth mindset and are excited to find new ways to help grow your business – you love taking ownership and driving results. You know what needs to be done and don’t need (or want!) someone always looking over your shoulder.
- Business savvy – you know how to execute a good business plan and find efficiencies, whether you’re improving on sales targets or addressing logistical issues.
- Patient-centric – the needs of your patients are the highest priority, and you seek to serve them in a way that best suits their lifestyle and medical requirements.
- Willing to learn – you’re open-minded and excited to absorb everything you learn about the business like a sponge. You love learning because the more you know, the more you can innovate and make positive changes.
Above all, what will set you apart is your genuine care for the health of your customers, your empathy, and your willingness to go the extra mile for them.
Working with Us:
We are currently hiring a Pharmacy Owner for our Simcoe office, so if you are not local or within commuting distance, you will have to be willing to relocate to Simcoe. This opportunity offers excellent compensation both in terms of financial and personal growth rewards. We offer a competitive benefits package, base salary commensurate with experience, and the opportunity to buy into the business through profit sharing. Because this is an ownership role, you’ll have the flexibility you need, but you’ll also need to meet the demands of the business, which can mean working on-call at times.
We’re a small but growing family business looking for true partners to continue to fuel our success. In return, you'll be provided with the opportunity for professional enrichment and the ability to chart your own future. You’ll have the freedom to solve problems your way, won’t ever be micromanaged, and will be given the space you need to get the job done. Between our appreciative, multi-generational client base, and the great group of staff who’ve been with us through the years, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
How to Apply:
- Member of and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists/licensed to practice pharmacy in any province across Canada
- Experience working as a pharmacist or pharmacy manager, preferably in a retail pharmacy environment directly interacting with customers
- Experience in a managerial or supervisory role, overseeing or leading a team
- Experience with advanced clinical services and natural health
- Experience working for an independent, small business would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (especially Excel for inventory, scheduling etc.)
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy billing and accounting practices, and familiarity with pharmacy operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- Injection certification completed or willingness to complete
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications as they are received, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.