E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories.
We are looking for professional and enthusiastic, seasonal TRUCK DRIVER, to work full-time in the North Battleford, SK regions.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Truck Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Tandem Axel/Gravel trucks, transporting and delivering materials or equipment to the job site.
- Operate the Tandem, Tri-Dump, End-Dump, Side-Dump, Clam-Dump, Belly-Dump and Live Bottom Trucks and equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that the vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment used is properly positioned.
- Ensure proper loading of asphalt and aggregates, while minimizing segregation, which can adversely affect the quality of the roads surface.
- Ensure the on time delivery of asphalt, aggregates and other road construction materials, reducing bottlenecks in the construction process.
- Continuously feed hot mix asphalt into the paver through a direct discharge method, ensuring a maximum of a 25% capacity of the paver’s hopper, without spillage.
- Ensure all vehicle documents and applicable permits are valid and present in the vehicle.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Ensure the area above and around the truck is clear of overhead lines and other obstructions before raising the box to dump loads.
- Other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 3 Drivers License.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a variety of truck styles is required.
- Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class 3 (Required)