At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, Cultivation, the Quality Assurance Technician performs material assessments, and duties as assigned in accordance with Part 5 – Good Production Practices of the Cannabis Regulations (SOR/2018-144), and the Food and Drug Act.
- Perform incoming material inspection and release (Cultivation)
- Leaf / Cannabis sample collections as necessary
- Support Operations Department by in-process document reviews, as applicable
- When required, perform visual inspection of Cannabis
- Review of moisture results and crop inspection results before release to PKG
- Read and comply with SOPs, FORMs, Work Instructions for Training
- Compile lot release batch records
- Perform periodic monitoring of ATP and moisture tests for effectiveness
- Inspect and release Grow & Post-Harvest Rooms after change over
- Conduct Post-Harvest Inspections, as required
- Support the site environmental monitoring program with air and surface monitoring
- Support onboarding of new equipment (trials)
- Perform water sampling and coordination of testing
- Conduct monthly GMP Inspections (Floor walks)
- Collaborate / Write Non-conformance, CAPA, Planned Deviations
- Inspection of new equipment
- Act as quality representative for internal, incoming and outgoing cannabis shipments
- Other duties as assigned
- Three-year college Degree or Technical Diploma at a minimum
- At least one-year previous experience required
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Part 5 – Good Production Practices of the Cannabis Regulations (SOR/2018-144), and the Food and Drug Act preferred
- Spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Basic statistical skills
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
This is a full-time role based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.