Choices provides direct Community Support staffing to a wide range of individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. Choices provides individualized supports that are Person Centered, Evidenced Based and Principle Driven. Our commitment to these values ensures that the adults we support achieve their potential, engage in their community, and are safe throughout the process.
We are currently seeking a Full-time 1 year contract for a
Content Creator/Digital Media Coordinator
Bona Fide Requirements:
- The ability to speak, read, understand, apply and communicate in English
- The ability to engage in all aspects of Safe Management
- To be licensed to drive in the province of Ontario
- First Aid and CRP AED
- The ability to use sound judgment and make independent decisions based on policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communication, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media
- Strong leadership, coaching, planning, problem-solving, communication, and computers;
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a respectful and aware manner with groups from diverse background and experiences.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
- Theatre, photographer, videographer, and technological skills are a strong asset;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other agency programs
- Strong skill set in developing programming both internal to the agency and surrounding community
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships on the basis of respect and trust
NOTE: Bilingualism in both official languages would be an asset.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Choices is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value inclusivity & diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to,
- First Nations and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- Persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; and
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, equity, diversity and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings, and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in our community.
Choices is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Choices will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
To apply submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Competition #20-06
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2020-08-29
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19