Yellowknife Co-op is looking for an energetic leader who is ready for the next step in their grocery management career. While the ideal candidate must have experience in a grocery manager role, they would also be interested in future career advancement and creating a long-term life in Yellowknife.
Benefits of working at Yellowknife Co-op include: a competitive salary, annual vacation, employer- matched pension plan, comprehensive group benefits plan, career development opportunities, and annual performance plan.
Yellowknife Co-op is a retail consumer co-operative that provides a fast paced, growth-oriented work environment. Our team has a reputation for providing fair prices and the best customer service in the North.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Grocery Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Grocery Department including sales, gross margin and other expense control; budgeting and attainment of financial results; store standards; implementation and adherence to company programs; as well as human resources and administrative duties. The Grocery Manager will provide leadership to all positions in the Grocery Department and will exemplify and promote the Co-op’s branding initiatives.
- Reports directly to the General Manager
- Provides leadership and management to the personnel in the Grocery department
- Works in conjunction with all departments and department managers
- Maintains internal relationships with all staff and department managers
- Maintains external relationships with members and suppliers
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service - focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide superior customer service on a consistent basis.
- Merchandising and Housekeeping - responsible to maintain the proper merchandising and housekeeping standards in the store.
- Financial - provide leadership to organize, direct and co-ordinate the activities and operations of the Grocery Department to achieve or surpass financial goals.
- Inventory - responsible for the procurement of merchandise and using good inventory management practices.
- Asset Protection - responsible for the protection of company assets and for leading loss prevention initiatives.
- Human Resources – to provide leadership of the Grocery Department's human resources
- Other - perform other duties as
Essential Skill and Knowledge:
- Minimum of five years related experience in a Supervisory/Management role in food or non- food operations
- Strong knowledge of grocery department and industry
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage inventory levels, order stock and price products to achieve gross margin targets
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to hire, train, motivate, evaluate, correct, develop, and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment
- Well developed financial management skills including a good understanding of profit and loss management
- Solid oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management and project management skills
- Progressive knowledge and experience in the industry including competition, trends and understanding the market
- Knowledge and experience in a computerized environment, including the operation and administration of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems. Proficient in office software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
Salary Range: $70,000-80,000 annual
Successful candidate must be willing to re-locate to Yellowknife, NT. This position offers a very competitive compensation package along with an attractive benefit and pension plan package.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You can view more about YK Direct Charge Co-op by visiting http://www.ykcoop.com
Apply via email to [email protected]
Closing date: February 28, 2023