Are you passionate about data science education, love teaching kids and being creative?
We are looking for multiple passionate, enthusiastic part-time coding teachers who want to share their love of coding with kids. We teach online computer coding classes from grades 4 and above.
If you have experience working with children in schools, camps or an after-school environment, and have a background in computer science, we would love to work with you.
You don't have to be an expert in computer science, but need to be very comfortable with coding and have the desire and ability to learn.
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Web Sites Building with (HTML5,CSS)
Teaching Style Requirements
- Passionate interactive teaching using online audio and video
- Hands-on demonstration of projects and exercises
- Teaching with inspiration and empowering students
- At least one year of teaching coding
- Effective class management skills to lead a class of high energy students
- Confident, energetic, creative and ability to connect with young kids
- Able to work independently and communicate via emails and phone on a regular basis
- Access to reliable high-speed Internet access and computer that can support video conferencing
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
You can also apply at https://www.datawiz.ca/careers
Expected start date: 2020-06-29
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
Our academy is located at Markham Road and McNicolle. However, during this Covid-19 period all classes will be held virtually. After Covid, we intent to being the classes onsite. However, many classes will continue to operate online as well.
- Scratch, Python, SQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- Teaching Coding for Kids: 1 year (Preferred)