Transport Truck Technician
Oak Point Service currently has an opening at our Brandon location for an experienced Truck Technician. Under the supervision of the Shop Manager, the Truck Technician supports Oak Point Service to uphold safety through assistance with maintenance and repairs to company and customer equipment in order to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate. As a technician, it is expected that you will strive to safely perform your duties with high degree of accuracy and in the most efficient manner as your experience allows.
- Perform consistent and accurate preventative and predictive maintenance inspections, identifying defects on company and customer equipment.
- Properly diagnose cause of failure and perform required repairs safely, accurately, and in an efficient manner.
- Strive to complete repairs within the Standard Repair Times as identified on work orders and/or by your supervisor.
- Record accurate part numbers and quantities of all parts used on each repair.
- Always check parts availability prior to starting any disassembly.
- Maintain clear and legible work records, work orders, and forms.
- Ensure safety of self and co-workers by maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment and bringing safety issues to your supervisor as required.
- Professional and respectful conduct at all times, to all OPS customers and employees.
- Some shift work required
- High school diploma
- Red Seal or equivalent in Truck Transport or Heavy Duty
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license - Class 1 or Class 3 Drivers License with Air Brake Endorsement is an asset.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Safety conscious, able to work in a safety driven environment, with knowledge of workplace safety requirements.
- Demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude.
- Solid customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and reliable.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a physically challenging environment.
- Must have their own tools.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in performing vehicle inspections and repairs preferred.
Oak Point Service offers an extensive benefit package including pension, dental, medical, an employee scholarship fund, and an employee bonus program. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with cover letter
Oak Point Service is one of Brandon & Winnipeg’s most experienced repair shops, performing Transport Truck, Trailer, and Tanker maintenance and repair services since opening in 1970. With shops located in Winnipeg and Brandon and a staff of over 80 passionate employees, OPS offers a wide range of services for our customers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment opportunities with Oak Point Service; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time