Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
** The individual in this position will be required to work shifts on Friday and Saturday from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
The Salon Assistant at the Granite Club provides support and assistance in the Granite Club’s exclusive Salon & Barbershop, helping to facilitate the day-to-day operation of the Salon in a professional and friendly manner.
- Greet all members in a timely and professional manner
- Escort members to service areas; prepare members for services and offer beverages or snacks
- Ensure all members are prepared for services
- Perform Blow Dry’s as required
- Must know how to perform all scalp head massage, hand massages and finishing touches
- Assists the stylists by washing members hair prior to their appointments
- Assist the stylist in removing color, highlights and anything else that is required
- Assist the stylist in pulling colour through the ends.
- Stock all towels, robes and styling products
- Required to have available tools that are necessary for basic salon services
- Maintain the cleanliness of all of the salon facilities, equipment and stations
- Take all necessary items to the laundry and replace with freshly laundered items
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in related area
- University or College Degree or Diploma in a related discipline
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and organizational skills
- Highly customer service oriented
- Well groomed, professional, co-operative, team oriented and friendly
- Expected to wear a club provided uniform
- Able to work independently
- Willingness and ability to learn
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!