Role: Outside Industrial Sales Manager
Reporting To: General Manager - Sales
Direct Reports: None
Location: Montreal/Quebec City and Surrounding Areas
Travel: approximately 50%-60%
What Makes this Job Awesome?
The Outside Industrial Sales Manager is responsible for building the growth of product lines within their scope of focus and territory. You are responsible for developing, cultivating, qualifying leads and closing new business. You will manage customer and partner relationships and expectations from an outside sales perspective.
Your role is critical to the organization and will prove pivotal in the continued growth of the Kee Safety, Ltd. product lines. This position requires a self-directed, forward thinking and energetic person who is results oriented and capable of professional and detailed follow through.
How Will You Do This?
We measure impact by your successful ability to:
· Set up, plan and present product lines to owners, architects, engineers and contractors that could potentially use our products
· Collaborate with the inside sales team on orders and projects
· Problem solve shipping, credit and logistic issues that inhibit meeting customer ship date requirements
· Utilize web-based tools to track construction projects to create new sales
· Perform research and market analysis to assist in new product creation and higher win percentages against competition
· Update customer/prospect/lead database with outreach activities and new contacts
· Develop targeted and focused marketing campaigns on specific niche markets in your given territory
· Identify indirect sales opportunities, potential markets and partners to generate sales
· Take lead with follow-up on prospects/leads generated by company advertising, referrals and telephone communications with the goal to achieve and exceed annual business sales goals
· Assist in the preparation of quotations for all product lines
· Perform other specific tasks as requested by the President, General Sales Manager or other company Directors
We Want to Hear From You If:
· You have a minimum 4 year Marketing and/or Sales degree, or related sales experience
· You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal)
· You have a proactive mindset to recognize direct and indirect opportunities for lead generation and sales
· You have the ability to read and understand technical drawings
· You are an ambitious individual contributor and collaborative teammate
· You have a working knowledge of CRM tools
· You have the ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly growing environment
· You have the ability to work at height, may occasionally be required to bend, squat, twist and lift up to 50lbs
You are bilingual (French and English)
· You can travel within your region 50-60%
This is an exciting opportunity for you if you are willing to work hard to learn new skills, achieve goals and to advance your career. Many Kee Safety employees who entered the organization in this role have rapidly moved through the organization into senior management positions. Other employees have experienced the opportunity to work outside their traditional geographies and have relocated to Kee Safety locations around the world.
Limited sales experience is acceptable, instead, we are looking for someone who has the right attitude and a passion for helping people.
Who is Kee Safety?
Kee Safety is the leading global supplier of safety systems and solutions and operates under the banner of “Separating People from Hazards”. The North American business operates from its head office in Buffalo, New York and maintains a sales presence and operational warehouses throughout the United States and Canada.
Kee Safety's culture is second to none:
· collaborative work environment
· worldwide growth opportunities
· training, training and more training
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities out there!
Kee Safety is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- fall protection industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- industrial sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- outside sales: 3 years (Preferred)