Do you have a background in building trades? Are you proficient in basic operation of trucks, utility trailers and mechanical/computer equipment? Do you have your driver’s licence? Are you interested in becoming part of a team that is doing something new and revolutionary? If so, we would like to meet you.
Tate Engineering is an engineering, project management, and consulting firm that defines and solves complex issues related to capital projects, energy and resource use, and facility management.
We have provided professional project advisory and project management services for some of Nova Scotia’s largest and most complex construction and engineering projects. On the energy management side of our business, we provide expertise, tools and planning capabilities that enable clients to anticipate change, increase energy efficiency and generate additional value within their operations.
Recently we have become Atlantic Canada’s first licensed AeroBarrier dealer, www.airtightspaces.com. We are dedicated to promoting clean building growth in the residential, multifamily and commercial construction industry by providing the latest technology builders, architects, engineers and homeowners.
We are growing and are seeking AeroBarrier Technicians to join our team.
About the Position
This is an exciting opportunity where you will play an important role in the delivery of a high-quality service to our growing list of clients.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of AeroBarrier Technician:
- Communicate with the Lead AeroBarrier Technician.
- Assist in assembly and operation of air sealant equipment.
- Prepare spaces for the AeroBarrier process by protecting deliberate openings and horizontal surfaces.
- Assist in the operation of blower door equipment to generate pre and post application air leakage test data.
- Regularly inspect equipment and product to ensure consistency and quality of service.
- Manage a clean and organized site, ensuring job site clean-up and building closure post-application is compliant with company expectations and standards.
- Maintain a professional appearance and communication at job sites and all company functions.
- Routinely report to head office to support continuous improvement and growth of services to meet client needs.
- Responsible for continual professional development.
- Some travel throughout Atlantic Canada as required.
- Reports to the VP Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are seeking an opportunity to experience hands-on field work, be professionally mentored, advance in your career, and be treated like family.
- You are more than a number here. You are our company. As the business develops there will be opportunity to advance over time.
- You are hardworking and dedicated but appreciate life balance. We enjoy life and want you to as well.
- You are detail oriented, are a problem-solver, and understand the importance of process.
- You are confident, but check your ego at the door. There are no rock stars here and no departments. The whole team owns the entire project – together.
- You appreciate candour and understand the best breakthroughs often happen during passionate, heated debates. Tiptoeing isn’t an option.
- You are comfortable speaking your mind, asking questions, and sharing ideas, and enjoy the magic that results from curiosity and creative collaboration.
- You are able to communicate with the team and clients using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, computer, mobile phone and digital camera as required.
- You are able to move heavy objects, frequently kneel, and crawl as necessary.
- You are able to operate and troubleshoot basic machinery (training will be provided).
- You must maintain a clean driving record (vehicle for travel to job-sites will be provided).
- You care about the work you do and the people you work with!
Education and/or Experience:
Post secondary degree or the equivalent of 3+ years experience in a building trades role is considered an asset. Thorough knowledge of the construction industry or building maintenance is preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Teams, Project & Outlook).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Bilingual (French) is an asset.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts to provide accurate quotation of services required. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry (calculating areas and volumes).
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. PPE will be provided as required.
If this position intrigues you, please submit your resumé and cover letter for review.
Reference ID: AB-Tech-2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)