Bulletin No. 20OS-06 July 17, 2019
Administration Offices Full-time - 35 hours per week
Effective date to be determined
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Secretary-Treasurer’s Department, the records officer performs administrative and clerical duties in the application of systematic, technical and specialized control of all recorded information of the River East Transcona School Division. The officer maintains control of all Divisional records from the retention period to the final disposition, to ensure compliance with mandated provincial government requirements.
- Establishing processes and procedures to ensure the accuracy of the Division’s Student Information System (SIS) including providing training to staff in data entry, records management and retention
- Overseeing the entry of externally and RETSD issued credits in compliance with MB Education’s Record Retention Guide
- Coordinating and verifying reports for accuracy and submission in a timely manner
- Working closely with SIS committee and school/department staff
- Maintaining inventory and storage of School Division records and purging records beyond retention
- Responding to requests for information and employment verifications during school closure periods
- Compiling and forwarding projections in a secure format using applicable software
- Assisting the Division’s Access and Privacy Co-ordinator in responding to FIPPA requests
- Qualifications: *
- with an emphasis in records management; an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Practical experience and a proven track record in inventory management and record keeping in a computerized environment
- Five years’ experience in Education with a thorough understanding of the Public Schools Act, Education Administration Act, Youth Criminal Justice Act, FIPPA, and the Personal Health Information Act to ensure compliance with legislation
- Proficient in Excel with database and query understanding
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment and attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a high-volume environment
- Excellent public relations and communication skills with the ability to work co-operatively in a team and work independently with limited supervision
- Respect confidentiality of work
- Valid MB driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
External applicants must supply a Criminal Record Search and a cleared Child Abuse Registry check upon hire.
Consideration for this position is not necessarily limited to those who apply.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, August 1, 2019 – 2 p.m.
Salary range: $53,007-$63,606 per annum
External candidates must apply online through Job Connect.
Please visit our website at www.retsd.mb.ca– Careers.
Internal candidates must apply online through Employee Connect > Job Tab.
Mail or Email applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- education: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- MB driver's license (Preferred)