About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
Responsible for co-ordinating all employee-related medical activities and promoting Positive Health.
Act as a medical consultant for Human Resources Staff, Health & Safety Group, all Apotex Management.
- Manages Income Protection Program Disability Claims and Work Accommodation related processes.
- Liases with department managers, insurance company representatives, government agents, treating-physicians, and all other professionals in the management of the claims process.
- Acts as a medical consultant to the Safety Health and Environment and the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Acts as a medical consultant to the WSIB Claims administrator on all work related illnesses and injuries.
- Acts as a medical consultant to the HR Partners on all employee health related matters.
- Manages employee medical policy and related procedures including Preplacement Medical Assessment and Biennial Health Reviews.
- In conjunction with the Health & Safety Group manages workplace health requirements and procedures, i.e. ergonomics and hygiene evaluations, physical strength and demand analysis, audiometric testing, pulmonary function testing.
- Establishes and maintains Health Services Policy and Procedure Manual for Apotex and the affiliates and ensures compliance with company policy manual.
- Manages the site specific employee medical file system and all necessary information in a professional, confidential and ethical manner.
- Assesses employee health issues and provides guidance to employees in the resolution of such matters.
- Assists in the internal/external health clinic activities relative to employee and employer requirements.
- Acts as a consultant for employees having personal problems as needed.
- Assists in the management of the Employee Assistance Program ensuring employee confidentiality, satisfaction and quality of service.
- Chairs or participates in the Employee Wellness Committee encouraging members to discuss employee health questions and assist in all health promotion activities.
- Co-ordinates an internal Health Promotion and Wellness program, including health education seminars and communication, clinics, lunch and & learn sessions and special health related activities.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures and established safety standards.
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing.
- COHN(C) Designation (or working towards).
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of WSIB and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Occupational Health Setting.
COVID 19 UPDATE
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures Apotex has put into place include (but are not limited to):
- staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
- modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
- robust self-assessment and screening tools
- non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
- travel restrictions
- work-from-home policy for all employees who can perform their roles remotely
- strict visitor screening protocol
It is important to note that while these are our protocols at this time, they are subject to change based on guidelines and regulations put in place by local and global government agencies.
For up-to-date information about Apotex’s ongoing efforts in response to COVID-19, visit: https://www1.apotex.com/global/covid-19-update or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.