TRS Components Ltd. is an industry leader in the manufacturing of roof trusses, wall panels, and floor panels. Our expertise and experience has resulted in rapid growth and a number of exciting opportunities for hard working individuals. TRS has competitive wages, as well as group benefits and RRSP plans. Apply today for the chance to join the TRS family!
POSITION TITLE: Assembler
BASIC FUNCTION: Assemblers on the weekend shift will be responsible for building floor trusses in accordance with guidelines set by their supervisor. This shift is perfect for students as well as people looking to supplement their income!
JOB TYPE: Weekend Shift (7:00 AM-4:30 PM on Saturdays and Sundays)
HOURS PER WEEK: Hours vary depending on season
SALARY: $17.00 per hour
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 4
- Operates a number of pieces of equipment and hand tools safely and productively in order to assemble floor trusses.
- Reading and interpreting plans and blueprints.
- Meeting departmental quality and production standards as determined by management.
- Performing duties consistent with all applicable safety standards as well as company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Performs duties in different departments as needed including working outside when necessary.
- Shows up for work prepared on time every day.
- Works effectively individually and in teams.
- Conducts quality assessments on completed products.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow written and oral work instructions.
- Must have a positive disposition and be able to interact effectively with supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and blueprints is an asset.
- Experience in construction/framing/building components industry is an asset.
- Ability to competently operate a variety of saws and power tools.
- Ability to work shifts and hours required by management.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail are required.
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
All employees are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. A full-time cleaner is on site to ensure that surfaces are sanitized on a regular basis.