Graphic designer for Print (25 Hours per week)
This position will be responsible for creating visual concepts using computer software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate donors. You will be responsible for developing the overall layout, production design, typesetting, editing for booklets, magazines, advertisements, brochures, leaflets etc.
- Meet with project manager or writer(s)/editor(s) to determine the scope of a project.
- Advise production manager on strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos etc.
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
- Present the design to production manager or project manager.
- Incorporate changes or edits that are recommended by project manager.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will be responsible to combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of printed pages. They may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Incorporate changes recommended by project manager into the final design.
Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines with minimal supervision. As well as be able to work overtime to meet deadlines. Applicant must be able to work under minimal supervision and have administrator qualities and strong initiative and good organization skills. Attention to detail and accuracy and strong time management skills are a must.
You will work with both text and images. You will often select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text. Responsibilities will include collaborating closely with writer(s)/editor(s) who choose the words and decide how the text will be laid out. Through the use of images, text, and color, you will transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible.
This position is important in the sales and marketing of the message, and is a critical component of booklets, magazine, newsletters, reply devices, ads, brochures, logos, books etc.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in graphic design and layout in a print environment.
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office Suite on a PC/Mac format.
- Experience in print production and electronic pre-press.
- Creative problem solver who can take an idea from start to finish.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced enviroment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 /hour
- adobe indesign: 5 years (Required)
- Adobe Illustrator: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft office suite: 5 years (Required)
- electronic pre-press: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop: 5 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)