Position: The Building Official/MLEO is responsible for site inspections of industrial, commercial, institutional, multi-unit residential buildings and Part 9 buildings as required to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code, Municipal By-laws, Zoning By-laws, Property Standards By-laws, and other Statutes and By-laws pertaining to the use and occupancy of buildings within the Municipality of Port Hope.
Responsible to: Chief Building Official
· High school Diploma or equivalent, plus two (2) years technical training at Community College (e.g. Architectural Technology, Building Science, or Engineering Technology) or equivalent;
· Two (2) years of experience in building construction;
· Two (2) years of experience in performing building inspections preferred;
· Membership in the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) would be an asset. Where not already attained, the successful candidate would be required to work towards attaining the Certified Building Code Official designation;
· The following Ministry of Municipal Affairs BCIN qualification requirements for building officials: Large/Complex Building; Building Structural, Building Services, Small Buildings, and General Legal/Process are required; however, Applicants who have not attained all the certifications may be considered;
For more details on this position, please visit the Municipal website at www.porthope.ca, in the Careers section.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
35 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
$58,331.00-$68,231.80 per annum
Please submit your resumeon or before midnight Monday, September 7, 2020 via:
On-line Resume submission: at Municipality of Port Hope website: www.porthope.ca Click on Career / Apply
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $58,331.00-$68,231.00 per year
- building construction: 2 years (Required)