Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Scotia iTrade daily account supervision team in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Maintains through understanding of compliance, regulatory and credit rules and regulations as it applies to the industry and the firm
- As a delegated task from a supervisor, conducts daily account supervision through reviews of all trades using various trade reports (trade blotters)
- Identifies potential and actual compliance issues and concerns, conducts the necessary follow up inquiries and reviews, ensuring that appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Reviews trades completed by Scotia iTrade staff and ensuring all trades have been appropriately authorized, entered and executed
- Identifies trading concerns and issues from regulatory perspective, such as market manipulation, restricted buys, restricted accounts, insider trading
- Identifies accounts that may pose high risk or are engaged in significant transactions and notifying management and other departments as required
- Conducts monthly reviews of client statements as delegated and assigned by management
- Performs other compliance and regulatory tasks as assigned, such as investigating inquiries arising from the review of monthly account statements, queries from compliance and other departments
- Completes IIROC regulatory trade marker corrections when necessary
- Demonstrates full understanding of the implications of dealing with trading and compliance issues, while ensuring that the confidentiality of customer information is maintained at all times
- Adheres to the policies and practices that regulate the investment industry by escalating all complaints as necessary
- Maintains accurate records of reviews and activities, such as recording identified issues, follow ups, actions taken, etc
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
- Successful completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Successful completion of Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Successful completion of Derivatives Fundamentals Course (DFC)
- Successful completion of Options Licensing Course (OLC)
- Successful completion of the Branch Manager’s Course and Options Supervisor Course is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of industry, compliance and trading policies
- Prior investment industry and brokerage industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of PC systems including: Broadridge, SCORE, AS400, Thompson ONE, Microsoft Excel and other supporting applications
- Strong analytical skills as well as a high degree of judgment and organizational skills and initiative to deal with diverse and complex inquiries, problems relating to Scotia iTrade products and services
- Results-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment where volumes are dictated by market trends, customer demands, seasonal peaks and advertising campaigns
- Ability to work independently within the boundaries of existing policies and guidelines. Complex situations and issues not encompassed within the guidelines should be referred to management.
- The individual should be proactive in their monitoring and have initiative to change their tasks as necessary and to advise management of necessary changes and modifications as the job continues to evolve.
- The incumbent must exercise judgment in the prioritization of his/her workload to ensure optimum response times are met and adherence to established service standards is maintained
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.