WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
As Canada’s largest national health charity, we fund the most promising cancer research, champion cancer prevention efforts and deliver programs and services that benefit Canadians affected by cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working towards a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
To learn more about us, visit cancer.ca
Cause marketing is a business relationship that aligns the power of the corporate brand, marketing and people with a nonprofit cause’s brand and assets, to create shareholder and social value that can be publicly communicated. CCS’ National and Regional cause marketing, mission-driven sponsorship properties as well as our Signature Events (CIBC Run for the Cure and Relay For Life) provide an opportunity for corporate partners to reach out to a variety of audiences with important cancer site specific and general information and to raise funds to support CCS mission. In addition, the programs provide corporate supporters an opportunity to make a positive impact on the cause, meet one or more corporate social responsibility objectives, enhance consumer loyalty initiatives, and engage employees and consumers in the cause.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships, the Senior Manager is responsible for developing and stewarding a targeted business plan for their portfolio, prospecting new corporate relationships, and managing/leading nine staff members that are across the country. Working within the fast-paced Corporate Partnerships Department, the Senior Manager will work with the Director to set the strategy, help maintain budget and ensuring proper partner stewardship is achieved. The Senior Manager will also work closely with the Senior Manager, New Business Development to ensure the department new business goals are achieved. This includes working with partners to establish marketing objectives, facilitating activation opportunities and managing the details related to contract negotiations while adhering to CCS’ guidelines and policies in a timely and cost-efficient manner. The mandate will focus on maintenance and incremental growth of CCS’ existing partners while proactively attracting new cause marketing programs, mission driven sponsorship revenue, and employee engagement activities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Sets business development goals, and the business plan that will achieve financial targets and result in new and renewing commitments for the account management team.
- Works with Director, Corporate Partnerships Development and Senior Manager, New Business Development to finalize the strategic approach for the mandate and to implement new initiatives.
- Applies best practices in the design and execution of sponsorship and cause marketing partnerships, including social media engagement strategies.
- Discerns the corporate objectives of prospective partners for a specific brand or service; develop and guide the parameters of development programs to be associated with CCS and the cancer cause; and helps define the appropriate connection between the program, its target audience and CCS’ messaging.
- Negotiates and develops agreements (multi-year where applicable) that accurately represent the scope of the partnership, accountability to the public and CCS, and payment schedules.
- Works as a leader in the Corporate Partnerships team to contribute to the development of an annual business plan and budget; and tracks corporate partner revenue against the annual business plan.
- Maintains relationship data for partners and prospects in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge/sales force).
- Assists in ensuring that appropriate stewardship and partnership recognition is in place on an on-going basis.
- Supervises, motivates, and mentors the Account Manager/Account Executives ensuring that capacity and performance is continually strengthened.
- Acts as the subject matter expert as it relates to cause marketing, corporate partnerships and the implementation of these partnerships within CCS’ structure.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- University degree in a related field with 5+ years’ experience in cause marketing, sales, account management and/or brand marketing.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of managing multi people experience. Managing people remotely an additional asset.
- Previous experience in helping build annual business plans and budgets.
- Understanding of corporate marketing principles, marketing activation programs and integrated marketing campaigns .
- Excellent planning, prospecting, marketing and business development skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/Salesforce.
- Results oriented, with a proven track record achieving revenue/sales targets and the ability to oversee a large pipeline of accounts.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Energetic with a positive attitude and the motivation to succeed.
- Strong leadership, presentation, written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively.
- Demonstrated experience in building successful customer relations with the ability to identify and leverage integrated business opportunities.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and has a strong orientation to learning and innovation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by Thursday, March 5, 2020
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Connect with us online:
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube