Full Time - Arcana Studio (Current Remote Position) - Burnaby
Arcana Studio is looking for a disciplined and artistic employee with a firm grasp on animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. An animator has the ability to create storyboards and animations. You should be collaborative, knowledgeable, and reliable. To be a successful Animator, you should be adaptable, creative, and receptive to direction. You should have strong communication, interpersonal, and computer skills. You are responsible for the creation of 3D character animation that meets the originality, creative and technical quality standards of our projects.*
This position must qualify for a pre-approved hiring grant, so the applicants must be a student enrolled at a publicly funded post-secondary institution. Unfortunately International Students with work permits do not qualify.
- Collaborating with the client and production team members to understand needs, review scripts, design storyboards, and create and edit animations.
- Using Maya and other techniques to produce animations.
- Listening to feedback and altering animations to better suit project needs.
- Using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual form.
- Researching industry trends and developments and learning new applications.
- Work with department leads to create stylized design and performance and meet the vision of the director, adhering to set deadlines.
- Work with the storyboard/animatic/layout and create feature level, key-framed animation.
- Create visually powerful shots that depict mood, motivation and tendencies of characters within the established storyworld.
- Personal responsibility in a work from home model with the current societal regulations.
- Currently enrolled as a student at a post secondary institution, both part time and full time studies apply.
- 1+ years in 3D animation packages, specifically Maya.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and computer skills.
- Understanding of animation, storytelling, and character development techniques.
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and receptiveness to feedback and direction.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to develop animations and solve problems.
- Strong understanding of key-framed animation development processes, limitations and dependencies.
- A strong understanding of basic human kinetics and basic real world physics.
- Understanding of rigging, modelling and animation principles.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Temporarily due to COVID-19